Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell G3 laptops

Options
  • 31-08-2007 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I read on the dell website that the newer laptops have in-built broadband vodafone cards. I rang up dell and asked if I were to buy one of the laptops that have this in-built vodafone card would I still had to purchase broadband package but the sales person told me that I had to pay a once off fee of 169 and I would have limited access to the internet even though i didnt have a phone-line or broadband set up in my house. Can anyone tell me what the story is with this deal.Is it just a case of the newer versions providing better conectivity or is this deal of 196yoyos a sure thing with the newer dell laptops.
    Would be grateful if anyone can tell me anything ASAP, as I want to purchase the new inspiron 1530 which seems to have a really good wireless conectivity and it's going to take at least five weeks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Read the threads about mobile broadband first. It doesn't seem to be very good but also depends on the area you're in etc.

Don't know about the Dell deal, but if it's limited, you should read up on the Dell website to see what the limitations are. They may be so limited as to make it a waste of €169.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Ann-Marie

thanks for the advice!

Advertisement