Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dishwasher not washing dishes

Options
  • 31-08-2007 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi, My electrolux dishwasher is not cleaning the delph. it makes all the usual noises but the dishes come out dirty as they were when they went in. any suggestions? thanks, jh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Locate the drain. Set it to 'rinse' and pour in a kettle full of water. See if the water pumps out the drain. I had this fault a while back and the DW wasn't draining due to a faulty drain pump. For some reason this prevented the DW from proceeding with the wash cycle. All dishwashers drain before they begin the wash cycle.

Also check the dirt trap and filter in the bottom of the machine.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Are there any dishes that do get washed?

I ask, in case it's because one of the rotating sprinklers aren't uhm.. rotating.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The holes in the sprinklers can get bunged up .. usually with lemon pips and bits of bone. They usually can be removed fairly easily and the offending articles removed. Also check all the filters as crosstwonk said.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Following on from response from crosstownk I suggest you check the drain hose. This can become blocked especially where it enters the waste pipe. I recently cleared a peanut from one which was causing similar symptoms.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

is it both top and bottom basket not washing?

if its making all the usual noises then i'd be willing to bet that you have something tall blocking one of the spray arms from rotating thus not washing for you properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Jim79

i have changed powders, used limescale cleaner, checked salt, and cleaned the filter. the arms are rotating normally.

there was some improvement. The dishes are coming out with a brown residue on them. The dishes are hot when the wash is complete.

i have almost given up on that dishwasher so i just wash the delph in the sink. if you have any suggestions i would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

We had something very similar recently. The washer appeared to make all the right noises, the dishes were hot when they came out but not clean. The pump for emptying was working i.e when the cycle was complete there was no water in the base and I had checked midway through and it had been filling.

However, a second pump was broken and had to be replaced.

Time for the repair man...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Is the tablet being used, or is it or part of it still left in the drawer?

Advertisement