Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95 Vodafone VOIP

• 31-08-2007 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi im wondering has anyone bought the N95 of vodafone lately and if they have disabled voip like vodafone uk has?
    Jason

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You can get the firmware flashed so it's not a major sticking point.

No idea if they block it or not, but tis easy to get 'unblocked', such as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

thanks chris,
    how do you reflash it? im just due an upgrade and im looking to set up truphone etc on it through wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭demon3

If you check the T&C of their data packages, they do state that they reserve the right to block OIP communications on their network.

" Use of VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is not permitted within the Unlimited Data Roaming tariff offer and Vodafone reserves the right to impose technological or other constraints on this or related types of application. "

hi im not so much looking to use the voip over vodafones network, but over a home wifi network. Ive heard that vodafone cripple the n95 by removing sip etc and im just seeing is that the case? and is there work arounds for that before i purchase one
    Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just take the phone to your local Nokia center. They'll do it for free.

• Advertisement

Try using fring, its a IM, Skype and VOIP app. I use this with my n95 on wireless and I have no problem connecting to skype, blueface and fring services. When I use nokia Internet Phone it never connects.

Hi Lads
    thanks for the responses, can you have more then one sip account for fring?
    and also is there any way to get a land number from voip etc to work on it?
    regards
    Jason

You can only have one SIP account,but you can also run fring, Skype, Google Talk, Messanger and ICQ and Twitter similtaniously.

Skype and Blueface are the only two services I am familiar with, and both have an inbound landline number service you can subscribe to. Blueface will give you an irish landline number,skype will allow you subscribe a local number in any country.

Also note, running voip constantly uses a open data connection, this will kill your battery alot quicker.

Advertisement