Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Battery wont charge

• 31-08-2007 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I've got quite a strange problem here, bought a new battery for my Motorola V3 in the States. It looks the exact same as the old battery, same model - BR50 and both 3.7V so I'm assuming there's no difference between them. But now this new one won't charge. I left it plugged in all night and there was still no action. Absolutely nothing happens when I plug it in or when I try to turn it on. Today I pushed *# and the power button with the sim card taken out and the black and white screen came up and ever since the backlight on the keypad comes on when I try to turn the phone on.

And by the way the old battery still works fine so it's not the charger, so I don't know whether there's something wrong with the battery or the phone. Has anybody any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Sounds like an old battery thats totally dead
    Normally they have a date on the back. Is it an old battery?
    The only real way to check is with a digital multimeter and read the charge in the battery or if its charging at all

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

I'm almost 100% certain it's a new battery. The metal parts of the old battery are worn where they have been in contact with the phone, whereas the new battery has absolutely no signs of use. I can't understand what's wrong with it. Maybe the battery is just faulty. Although as I said the lights on the keypad are coming on so obviously there's something coming form the battery.

Advertisement