Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6230i fault

• 31-08-2007 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

have a 6230i which is faulty at mo, I reckon it's a software issue. I've a data cable and am wonderin if it's possible to flash it or upload firmware or anything. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Not with a data cable I'm afraid
    Is it still in warranty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sss333

I'm having a prob too with N6230i, its really bothering me, the screen freezes. It started about a week ago, getting more and more often now. It wont do anything then, wont move back or forward or react in any way. If someone calls or texts i don't get the call or text, or not even a voice message can be left. I've been to a few Carphone Warehouse shops, where i bought it, they say forget it, it's better get a new one. But I have over 700 phone numbers on it (has memory card as well as sim)and they cant transfer them and thats my major issue. Before it dies altogether, how do i salvage those records????? (Many of them have name, number, email address, postal address, notes, road directions!) One staff memb said get a pen and start writing! We surely have moved on from that - I tried a sim reader/writer I bought at Maplins, the Sim Master by LM Technologies, no luck. It installed on my laptop, said it read the sim, 240 records, and then said the resulting file was empty. I tried a few sims, same result. There must be dozens of ways to salvage all the data. HELP, please! I'm Meteor billpay, and yes the phone is out of warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

sss333 wrote:
    I'm having a prob too with N6230i, its really bothering me, the screen freezes. It started about a week ago, getting more and more often now. It wont do anything then, wont move back or forward or react in any way. If someone calls or texts i don't get the call or text, or not even a voice message can be left. I've been to a few Carphone Warehouse shops, where i bought it, they say forget it, it's better get a new one. But I have over 700 phone numbers on it (has memory card as well as sim)and they cant transfer them and thats my major issue. Before it dies altogether, how do i salvage those records????? (Many of them have name, number, email address, postal address, notes, road directions!) One staff memb said get a pen and start writing! We surely have moved on from that - I tried a sim reader/writer I bought at Maplins, the Sim Master by LM Technologies, no luck. It installed on my laptop, said it read the sim, 240 records, and then said the resulting file was empty. I tried a few sims, same result. There must be dozens of ways to salvage all the data. HELP, please! I'm Meteor billpay, and yes the phone is out of warranty.
    you need to get your hands on a data cable, dku-2 for the 6230 or a bluetooth dongle. Hook it up to a pc with the nokia pc suite installed and do a backup of all the data, then restore the backup to a compatible phone

there's no point using a sim reader because sims can only hold 250 entries and only in the format of name-number. No email address/landline/shoe size etc. You'll notice if you have two records on the same name on the phone it'll copy to the sim as separate entries with names jbloggs and jbloggs1. Anything else is lost

edit: or take a look at www.zyb.com

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

eBay is great for those DKU-2 cables. Once you got it, download the latest version of Nokias PC Suite which gives you the ability to transfer the contacts.

Why cant you just transfer all contacts over to your SIM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tprc

Go to nokia support and locate your local Nokia care point and contact them in person or by phone and ask for help thats why there there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sss333

Thanks for the advice, still working on it, the software and cables, really want to save the records before doing anything too drastic (was thinking the nokia centre would reload the software and probably wipe all data, so didnt go there yet). Will post again when i make a bit of progress... friend coming to help on sunday.

Advertisement