Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showing Freshers about

Options
  • 31-08-2007 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

YEA! Who's going showing Freshers about this year?

Who will I be seeing around next week when we look at each other oddly thinking "They're in a tshirt... should I talk to them" And then deciding yes. Its all good, its all good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Yeah I'm looking forward to showing them around but Orientation better not have that gay baby blue colour on the polo shirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Not this year, instead I'm speaking at three academic advisory meetings, helping out at the SU tent and checking people into there accomodation.

And I liked the polo shirts, they were easy to accessorise.

P.S. Gubby, Colleen gave a presentation to us accom people yesterday about orientation and you're lovely face was there mid way through to brighten up the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I can't wait until I'm no longer a 1st year, then I can counter all your lovely feely fresherphilia with a good healthy dose of hate.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

First year that I wasn't involved in orientation!! Did u miss me gubbie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

I'll be showing them around..my pants. The hot female ones anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Did it last year and it was great fun, but this year I'm not....Because they didn't ask me....Just like that they forgot.....Like I was a one week helper that meant nothing....I have to go now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Well we have Orientation Guide "training" tomorrow (Sunday) at 2.30pm in one of the theatres in the Arts Block. I forget which one. Anybody?

I suppose if you come along to it The_Minister you can be a guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Did it last year and it was great fun, but this year I'm not....Because they didn't ask me....Just like that they forgot.....Like I was a one week helper that meant nothing....I have to go now......

perhaps its because of all those complaints regarding your over exposure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

See now if I was you I'd turn up, find a group of naive [but most importantly hot] freshers and give them the real tour of the place.

Any freshers want to see the back of the library, call me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

ohohoh! which guides are doing tours tomo afternoon? I was on tours, ushering and the help desk today, it's actually been great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

P.S. Gubby, Colleen gave a presentation to us accom people yesterday about orientation and you're lovely face was there mid way through to brighten up the day.
    Really? I feel so famous. But how does Colleen have a picture of me?
    Red Alert wrote:
    First year that I wasn't involved in orientation!! Did u miss me gubbie?
    Ya I even called into your office but there was only this girl who said that you had gone on holiday. Its not orientation week without you man! You and Ed. I only saw James.

Oh and did ya know I'd say yesterday when we were showing around Arts students, there was about 10 times more guides from other faculties helping then Arts guides. Where are they all this year?

I wish I was on holiday - I'm working (well sort of) at home while minding the window-repair-men!

yeah, there's a tonne of science students doing it...Ed is a legend! was anyone in the pit today for the bbq and the crazy skipping people? they were awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Le Rack wrote:
    yeah, there's a tonne of science students doing it...Ed is a legend! was anyone in the pit today for the bbq and the crazy skipping people? they were awesome!

Was the BBQ any good? I was knackered from looking through page after page of accomodation so I just got the bus home.. UCD why do you torture me so!

First Frustrating UCD Experience: Asking about when lockers will be given out, being laughed at and told "next week sometime" by the guy at the Newman reception desk. Then seeing a poster saying they'll be given out from 4-5pm that evening.

Second Frustrating UCD Experience: Not being allowed get a student card, using my USIT card as ID, yet being told that a passport or birth cert would suffice. A BIRTH CERT FFS?? Christ.

Third Frustrating UCD Experience: Not being able to get a locker due to lack of student card.

Fourth Frustrating UCD Experience: The person ahead of me in the line getting the last free carton of "Adez" juice. It's yummy stuff.

Other negatives include getting up at half 6, and being told to '**** off' when calling RE accomodation. It's gonna be a long year....

I love You See Dea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

karmabass wrote:
    Was the BBQ any good? I was knackered from looking through page after page of accomodation so I just got the bus home.. UCD why do you torture me so!

First Frustrating UCD Experience: Asking about when lockers will be given out, being laughed at and told "next week sometime" by the guy at the Newman reception desk. Then seeing a poster saying they'll be given out from 4-5pm that evening.

Second Frustrating UCD Experience: Not being allowed get a student card, using my USIT card as ID, yet being told that a passport or birth cert would suffice. A BIRTH CERT FFS?? Christ.

Third Frustrating UCD Experience: Not being able to get a locker due to lack of student card.

Fourth Frustrating UCD Experience: The person ahead of me in the line getting the last free carton of "Adez" juice. It's yummy stuff.

Other negatives include getting up at half 6, and being told to '**** off' when calling RE accomodation. It's gonna be a long year....

:p mate,you sure do have my symphaty here...
    :D yup,it's gonna be a long long year...;)

karmabass wrote:

ah lord ye poor thing! Right, for accom, go up to Merville and put yer name on the waiting list, you'll prob get in after people drop out etc,

who were did ye see about the student card cuz I'm workin in the astra hall all day there, helping people with cards, you needed/need a photo id, ie a garda card, passport, previous student card, your CAO number, but if you don't own a photo id, your birthcert does the job, also if you come in the evening or around like lunchtime it's a lot quieter and you have a better chance of getting things sorted.

Locker, since you said Newman I'm guessing Arts, you'll still get a locker, have ye been in the basement? there's loads!

There'll probably be more Adez tomo, there seems to be batches there every evening, you could try pop in tomo and come to one of the bubbly lookin folk in the blue shirts and ask them to get you one, I wont be back there till after lunch tomo but good luck!!!

Wow! Le Rack is back :D

Actually I dude I know actually printed a handout to give to his group of first years one year with the "real" guide on it!

I'm back with a vengeance baby!!!

I love being an OG! It's so much fun! I have lost my voice after 3 days of ushering, touring and what not but I'll make it last I tells ye!

What's the real guide? The ones Coleen gave to the team leaders or summit?

• Advertisement

Le Rack wrote:
    ah lord ye poor thing! Right, for accom, go up to Merville and put yer name on the waiting list, you'll prob get in after people drop out etc,

There's no waiting list this year. If you applied already and were unsuccessful then you may be offered a place as cancellations occur. Otherwise you're locked out of the accommodation system which tbh I think sucks for those who are later than first round offers.

Though I have heard talk that the waiting list system will operate after Christmas as per normal.

ah right ok cool thanks! none of the OG's I've been with seem to know that! then there's a lot of stuff we weren't really prepared for! lol!

Yeah it's a new policy that the Finance Dept introduced this year. Though tbh not many people are really calling in asking about it.

Seems to be a lot of wrong/weird info making the rounds at the moment!

No he actually wrote his own set of sheets which had things like direction to lake 2 and whatnot

Advertisement