Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloy Wheels Tyres

Options
  • 31-08-2007 10:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭

Am i right in saying that alloy tyres contain no inner tube??

Its just that my sister had a puncture on hers the other day, there was no sign of any outer damage nails, glasss etc.

I pumped it up and it hasn't gone flat since.

So how would she have got the flat in the first place?? and how can she prevent it from happening again??

Thanks Phil.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

no car tyres have inner tubes. someone prob let the air out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

it might be a slow puncture, i have one on my right rear at the moment, it drops to 20 after a week or so, i've just been topping it up every couple of days until i have a chance to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You can get alloy tyres now? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Could be a slow puncture, a dodgy valve or someone left the air out of the tyre deliberately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

i've seen a damaged alloy where the tire would leak air, if the wheel was stopped in a certain position... mind you when the tire is rotating i'd say it would deflate eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Punctures are not always easy to detect. You could mix some wash up liquid with water and sponge it onto the tyre. If there is a puncture it will show up, just follow the bubbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

esel wrote:

I LOLed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

esel wrote:

tyres for alloyed wheels.........smart ass:p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

philstar wrote:
    tyres for alloyed wheels.........smart ass:p
    I've never heard of them either.;)