Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Merlin Re:Salthill And A Thank you Too!

Options
  • 01-09-2007 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Posted a few weeks ago on their Site just recieved info to view it lately.
    Here is the Team Merlin Review Of Salthill. Enjoy!:)

Salthill Airshow 2007

We arrived at Salthill in Galway after a very pleasant journey over Wales, the Irish Sea and across the picturesque Ireland. The Merlin over-nighted at Carnmore airport and we flew into the display site on Salthill shorefront on Sunday morning. As we touched down we had a call on the radio from the Typhoon display pilot who had “missed his taxi” and asked for a lift to Shannon Airport to pick up his aircraft!!! Fearing he’d be late for his display we obliged and hope he’ll return the favour with a back seat ride in the Typhoon sometime soon!

When we finally shutdown in Salthill Park we were overwhelmed with the interest in the Merlin. Even the occasional torrential downpour didn’t detract those who remained queuing for a look round the cabin. Thanks to everyone who offered their appreciation to us for being there.

The unfortunate incident during our departure is still under investigation and we hope that it will not affect future Team Merlin appearances. To all affected, we wish you a swift recovery to full health.

Finally, a few words of thanks. Mr Brian McGrath again produced a day to remember for all who attended to both watch and take part in the event. Carnmore Airport provided excellent facilities and all the services we required to keep “W” safe and secure.

A special mention goes to the Management and Staff at the Salthill Hotel. Your hospitality was second to none and we all left with slightly tighter flying suits after the full Irish breakfasts!

Jock Forrester
    Team Merlin Crewman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

Well I hope they come back again. I wouldn't want to slam the door on another visit. :rolleyes: Sorry couldn't resist.

Ok, I'll get my coat.

Advertisement