Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these the right settings for eircom BB

Options
  • 01-09-2007 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I am using a Linksys WAG 34G modem/router to connect to eircom broadband. ITs more than likely dogy cabling but my dsl sync light goes out sometimes which in turns kills my internet. So I just want to make sure I have the right settings. In the modem settings I have are these

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

cubix wrote:
    ITs more than likely dogy cabling but my dsl sync light goes out sometimes which in turns kills my internet.

When the DSL sink light goes out your modem can no-longer see the DSL "line card" in the telephone exchange. It sounds like you may have an issue with the phone line going to your modem, doggy connection some where.... the problem is this doggy connection could be anywhere inside your house or between your house and the exchange... is there any issue with voice calls? if voice calls are ok, it's probably an internal wiring problem... you could try move your modem to the master phone socket and see if it helps things..

In your DSL modem there should be a field where you can view "line attenuation" for the phone line, find that and post the value here and some of the other boardsies should be able to tell you if its ok or not....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Total agree with you DublinDilbert it is more than likely doggy wiring as the dog chewed a junction box a while back but I thought I had fixed it properly:rolleyes: . Was hoping to get a way with the job but it looks like I will have to do it. Have included line attenuation details

Thanks Cubix

Advertisement