Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying

Options
  • 01-09-2007 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a Landrover Freelander but noticed that they're considerably cheaper than most jeeps. Anybody know why this is ? Do they give lots of problems??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

that' because they are rubbish.

Drive horribly and unbelievably unreliable. K Series engine particularly poor

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm thinking of buying a Landrover Freelander but noticed that they're considerably cheaper than most jeeps. Anybody know why this is ? Do they give lots of problems??

The original Freelander is notorious for being troublesome. Poor build quality, dodgy electrics, head gasket failures and weak gear boxes are all well documented. Check out the reviews at www.parkers.co.uk and www.honestjohn.co.uk.

If you still want one then try to get the newest one you can afford, diesel and make sure it comes with a good warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I agree, unless you have the money to buy a brand new Range Rover Vouge - the rest of the Land Rover range is pretty cack. Some Disco's aren't too bad but very tractor like and all interiors are just plain nasty (compared to Jap rivals)

If you do feel the urge to buy a Freelander make sure it has the newer TD4 engine. The previous diesel was absolute poo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 skypette

i have one and its not td4. going well for me (into year 3) and i had heard about gaskets before but still bought one ( looking for newer one now). buy diesel if you do , 1.8 drinks petrol. i like mine, drives fine, good tc etc. no jeep to rival it apart from toyota landcruiser or older mitsubishi off road you ask any tradesman. with any car you take a chance if second hand, but new can give probs too!

Advertisement