Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's that song?

Options
  • 01-09-2007 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

A few months ago there was a song played on Phantom the odd time, I've no idea what band it was or the name of the song. :o But it's stuck in my head, I need to find it! The lyrics went something like this (unless I heard them wrong, which is likely):

"We all hate this town, burn it down"

The vocals were male, really distant and kinda reverby and smooth with lots of layers...and there was a "da da da da da da da" bit. I've had no luck searching lyrics sites.

Can anybody help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Trine

Wow reading over that I realise how vague my recollection of the song is! I'll never find it! :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Think its City of Light by Amusement Parks on Fire, from their Star is Born ep. Since you edited, yes, it is City of Light.

Played recently in Dublin.

Didn't play City of Light.

I booed, so I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Trine

That was quick, danke! Virtual karma coming your way, sharply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Ok, heard this a couple of times lately but I never seem to catch the name or artist! It sounds a bit 'sea shantyish' like a cross between Nick Cave and The Decemberists! (Awful description, i know). Male singer, the chorus goes something like "and bury you beneath the sea" or something like that. It was on at about 3pm ish today on phantom and its played quite regularly lately.

Anyone? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Aquavid

The Mighty Stef - Poisonous Love.

Aquavid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Fair play! Clues must have been good then :)

Advertisement