Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick-broadband

Options
  • 01-09-2007 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm renting a house in castletroy, limerick which has no phone-line so Im looking to get broadband for my laptop. Can anyone tell me whats the most reliable and cheapest one there is that is available in this area (excluding vodafone,02 etc) Looking to in install something that will guarantee permanent access!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Digiweb Metro should be fine if you can get it (line of sight) and it's not an issue mounting it on a pole or the side/top of the house or whatever (not necessarily an issue, some renters in Castletroy have had no bother getting satellite, cable, indeed even phone lines). As regards download/upload limits, Digiweb's system is a rolling cap of combined up/down; last 30 days counts rather than a monthly limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Ann-Marie

Hi
    Thanks for that. It will just be me using it so need something cheap and there shouldn;t be a problem with slowness since im not sharing ay?
    When you say combining cap of up/down what do you mean exactly
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Ann-Marie wrote:
    Hi
    Thanks for that. It will just be me using it so need something cheap and there shouldn;t be a problem with slowness since im not sharing ay?
    When you say combining cap of up/down what do you mean exactly
    cheers

Most providers set a cap on your downloads over a 30 day period (or per month). Something like a 10 gigabyte download limit is quite common. The dark side of the cap is that they can then charge you for every megabyte you download over your limit in addition to your monthly charge.

A dl/ul cap is a combined cap on both your downloads and uploads. You would obviously reach your quota quicker in such situations as everything you upload (email attachments, emails and even sending information to web pages) is counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There is no excess charge on Digiweb Metro. Your speed is redeuced. There are various sizes of cap.

Advertisement