Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deodorant and cologne?

• 01-09-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Looking for your thoughts on this one guys, especially from the women - I'd like to know what you find attractive.

I'm in a strange sort of situation, in that I've no sense of smell, so I can't make up my own mind what deodorant or cologne to wear without assistance. I make sure to shower every day, maybe a second time in a day if I've got sweaty or if I'm going out later. I've been spraying on the Lynx forever, but never really gave it too much thought apart from that.

What deodorants/body sprays do you find attractive? What perfumes/colognes do you find attractive? And do some go well together or is it always either/or?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 TinaSparkle

My boyfriend uses Lynx shower gel and deodorant. Also Hugo boss or Fahrenheit and he always smells great.

Make sure that not only is your body clean and fresh but your clothes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

fierce by abercrombie, is great.

lynx is disgusting tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Cremo wrote:

+1

Wonder who told you about that?

Prada have a nice men's cologne but i'm not sure what the name of it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Cremo wrote:
    lynx is disgusting tbh.

Agreed.....unless you like smelling like a locker room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

Mitchum.

If you want to smell good, avoid Lynx. Proper cologne isn't expensive, it lasts ages.

• Advertisement

orla wrote:
    Wonder who told you about that?
    i was in one of their stores and smelt it ;), one of them friendly americans came over and i asked him what was the nice smell, he said it was fierce cologne. and i bought it for like $8 it's meant to be more expensive isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I recently got Armani Code and it smells great.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Fierce by Abercrombie.
    Mmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Buttons_sb wrote:
    Fierce by Abercrombie.
    Mmm.

Thanks for all your responses lads. Fierce seems to be a popular one... but is it available in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

nope, u can only buy it over here in america.but u can order it online. I have a bit of a collection of aftershaves. some of my favourite are Chanel Allure sport ( the eau de toliette version) , The new Gucci is nice, i have abercrombie fierce too which is nice also, davidoff coolwater is nice, armani mania, HEIR by paris hilton is nice enough, Guess Man is nice too, Sean John Unforgivable, Polo Explorer by Ralph Lauren is nice too.Theses are all mens aftershaves btw. hope that helped :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

anyone know of an online store where i could buy fierce.it prob my favorite around atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Cremo wrote:
    From the website
    Due to Federal regulations, we cannot ship Fragrances outside the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

i could send it over for a small price :P

Rabies wrote:
    From the website
    then ebay would probably the best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I think body sprays are a bit rank and if you have no sense of smell you could end up smothering yourself. You'd be better using a good deoderant like Mitchum (you can get an odour free one) and then using a really nice cologne like Allure Sport by Chanel or or l'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭oleras

Lynx......cant stand it. I use a nivia scent free roll on. Aftershave is Joop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I don't get the whole idea of smelling like every other person in a club or even another person altogether. Why not try something different that you like and see how it goes? I mean personally I like Old Spice or Lynx Africa and thats usually what I use. I know a few girls that each have their own deodorant and whenever I'm around them its always nice to be around that effervescent for each girl. Its like a really obvious scent they each have and I do find that alluring. Especially when you're drunk and you're mainly working off instinct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭oleras

Also remember OP, scents, like clothes suit people, what smeels nice on you might not smell as nice on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

Jean Paul Goutier (sorry about spelling) is lovely the one that the bottle shapped like a man and you cant go wrong with hugo boss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Heln

I love Chanel Allure Sport and CK Obsession. I smelt a DKNY fragrance for men recently which was nice too. There's another one I like a lot but can't remember the name of it - it's very green and I think it's by Gucci??? Absolutely hate Joop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

Some person with dark skin who likely came from Africa, or whose recent ancestors came from Africa, was working as a bathroom attendant in a Dublin bar I was in recently. After I pissed, I cleaned my hands and used one of the sprays provided. The cologne in the bottle was not the cologne that should've been in the bottle. Don't trust them.

Heln's thinking of Gucci - Envy, and DKNY - Be Delicious. Be Delicious was the one that I thought I was putting on in the bar. CK Crave is really nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Heln

Yeh that's it alantc, Envy. I think your right about the DKNY one too, I just smelt it in Boots, the women's version isn't very nice though :(

Cremo wrote:

In America.That fragrance helps you to score the hottest girs.I love it|!

Advertisement