Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship

• 01-09-2007 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Watching Sheff Wed vs bristol and a few things spring to mind as i assumed i was in for a day of decent football.

The Championship is ****.
    Sheff Wed defend like wombles on smack.
    Lee trundle is not really any good.
    Waterford would probably beat both of those teams.

OH DEAR GOD!!!!!

3 on one with Bristol player with the ball plays it to free striker who dummies it and player behind him also dummies it, ball rolls away to nothing.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wednesday are especially poor, the top 5/6 teams are all very competitive on thier day.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

You try to play sexy football when youre 25 mill in debt and youre chairman is only interested in pigeons and prrrrofit and not football.

Its early days, two new signings and one Jeffers injured(already). Losing Brunt and Maclean was inevitable but hurt us bad.

ANyway, its the same form as Sunderland last year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

that was a bad game.
    being a wednesday supporter i was very disappointed. but it highlighted the need for new defenders at the club. but like acquiescefc pointed out it is difficult to do so when the chairman is refusing to help out.

mike i disagree when you say wednesday are particularly poor (in that game and this season maybe) - but they were only three 3 points of the play offs last season and were the inform team in the championship from February onwards, but they had given themselves too much to do. given WBA and Derby were running out of momentum towards the end of the season i think would have taken them.

however a lot has happened at the club over the summer and the lack of media coverage over this has astounded me, but i suppose when the chairman of a club is able to silence the local media the stories never reach the national media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The nationals were to busy scoffing at United! ;)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Championship ain't ****, no sir-ee! Wes Hoolahan plays there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Championship ain't ****, no sir-ee! Wes Hoolahan plays there!

how good is Andrew Surman? a few papers have been linking him to us in the January window.

It's nice to have a feeder club just up the road:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I love the Championship, and I completely disagree with the first post. Bad game to judge it on, Sheffield Wednesday look like relegation fodder this season. Games between the top 7 or 8 teams can be great, and you're nearly always in for a good title race (well, except when Reading ran away with it).

how good is Andrew Surman? a few papers have been linking him to us in the January window.

It's nice to have a feeder club just up the road:D

Saints best player at the moment, but unfortunately just signed a new contract. :) Not that that would ever stop somebody moving.

He scores plenty of goals from midfield, got a hat-trick against Barnsley last season and scored a cracker in the playoffs against Derby. Scored on his England u-21 debut last week too.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I decided to try to watch more of the Championship last season. Derby vs Plymouth was on.

I didn't watch another game until the play-offs.

• Advertisement

I didn't watch another game until the play-offs.

Is that the Championships fault or yours?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'd say it was Derby and Plymouth's fault; they were ****ing ****. Bunch of hopeless cloggers.

I was just curious because you said you decided to try and watch more and then watched two teams and gave up. There are at least four Premiership matches a week that would make me never want to watch the Premiership again if I was to base my whole view of the league on them. Luckily enough I don't, and I'm happy enough to watch Premiership games fairly regularly.

Same goes for the Championship, a good chunk of the games each week will be poor, but there are some right crackers and some very good football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

KdjaCL wrote:
    Watching Sheff Wed vs bristol and a few things spring to mind as i assumed i was in for a day of decent football.

The Championship is ****.
    Sheff Wed defend like wombles on smack.
    Lee trundle is not really any good.
    Waterford would probably beat both of those teams.

OH DEAR GOD!!!!!

3 on one with Bristol player with the ball plays it to free striker who dummies it and player behind him also dummies it, ball rolls away to nothing.

kdjac

Imagine someone wrote off our league on the basis of one match.... :(

Hope anybody who criticises the league was watching Watford v Saints earlier. Best game I've seen in a long long time.

Advertisement