Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure how to connect up front panel audio

Options
  • 01-09-2007 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I just got a coolermaster cm stacker 831 and an asus p5n32-e sli motherboard, both are great and I am delighted with them, I've got it set up and running but I am not sure of how to get the front panel audio working, all I want to do is to be able to plug in a set of headphones into the front panel,
    I can do this with the installed sound card at the back of the case but the stacker is a huge case so you would need a very long cable, I've got the rest of the front panel ports working its just I can't follow the manual on the motherboard or the case, the stacker has leads for ac97 and hd audio as well as intel azalia, anyone have experience in setting this one up? its a pain that everything else works fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

HD Audio & Intel Azalia should be the same as that was Intel's codename for the HD Audio tech.

Are you plugging into a soundcard (if so what make) or the motherboards integrated audio ?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Tengu

ITs a bit grey as to how its done, the motherboard has a soundcard that you install into a pci slot but it comes with the motherboard itself, its called asus supreme fx, maybe this is what I need to be plugging the azalia connectors into it, I wish it was more straight forward as the motherboard guide is not very clear on were you put ther connnectors and there a quite a few, I'll keep you posted and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Do the motherboard & case websites not have a pdf file of the manual for download? I've always managed to get the correct pin outs using this method.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Tengu

I've done that already and its a topic not covered clearly in the printed or pdf manual, probably because its so simple, after all my worry all I had to do was to connect the hd audio cable to a port on the supreme fx card and bingo it all works, the soundmax digital audio software bundled is not the best at autosensing jack ports but I will download the latest drivers and all should be well. Thanks for the help :)

Advertisement