Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Because of the times

• 01-09-2007 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else like Kings of Leon? The news album is pretty good, its not groundbreakingly different to the first two, but it builds on them and adds some more complexity and layers. For some reason it reminds me of Joshua Tree-era U2, but don't let that put you off! Opinions then?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No, sorry to say, I think they're rather naff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Ah I like them, new album's great. Their bassist gets a lot better with each album I find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

naff.

karl, this word on its own officially renders you old. you just used a word reserved only for people above the age threshold of 65 and BBC bowls commentators.

/off topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm not old, I'm vintage! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I'm not old, I'm vintage! :D

if this wasn't the internet i'd be shaking my head (and a lot less attractive)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Decent album, On Call is brilliant me thinks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Its alright,nothing great,half of its filler,the other two are alot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I really like it although your comparison to U2 has me questioning myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Must give the album a proper listen. On Call is a decent tune, the production is nice for the instruments but listening to it with headphones it's easy to see they did a horrible job with the vocals. They seem to cut off very suddenly after 'i'm on call, to be there...'

Me finds it VERY annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

JoeyD wrote:
    They seem to cut off very suddenly after 'i'm on call, to be there...'

Me finds it VERY annoying

yea, i noticed that too and i find it hard not to focus on it every time i hear the song!!! poor editing of the song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

decent album, noways ground breaking, but they seem to have created a bit of a following from radio listeners, which im sure theyre management are happy with.
    on a side note, seen them on the continent during the summer, they had the loudest most septic bass drum iv ever heard, which meant u couldnt hear any of the lyrics or music....maybe its some new funky production

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

gucci wrote:
    on a side note, seen them on the continent during the summer, they had the loudest most septic bass drum iv ever heard, which meant u couldnt hear any of the lyrics or music....maybe its some new funky production

yea, i seen them over the summer and they had the same problem. i was in frunt of the speakers which made it worse! there was a lot of "buzzing" comming off it as well

Advertisement