Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New NTL broadband?

Options
  • 01-09-2007 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Just had a weird call to my mobile, purorting to be from NTL.

They were asking if i had broadband, when i said 'yes' and that i had 3meg line. They said they could offer me a 6 meg line, ulimited (i double checked and he said yes, it was completely unlimited and uncapped) for cheaper than i had now (without asking how much my current package was).
    And would i like to schedule an engineer to set it up for three weeks time?

I have to say i'm a little dubious, anyone else get this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

NTL and Chorus have no been cobranded with it being stated as 'A UPC Company' so they are definitely getting ready to unify the brands/offerings soon id imagine. They are also rolling out PVR solutions (similar functions to SKY+) in current NTL areas, with Chorus areas at a later date i believe. So my guess is that by december there will be a lot of change to the offerings & branding. Their current '6mbps' service to date since the UPC takeover has been nothing short of terrible though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

JNive wrote:
    Their current '6mbps' service to date since the UPC takeover has been nothing short of terrible though

:D Would that be this one?:

180119424.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Fine for me too,

Touch wood, I've had no issues with it in almost a year

[IMG][/img]180781942.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Whats this like for gaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I never had any problems with it for gaming or anything else.
    180823698.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There lying if there saying its uncapped, or if they say its uncapped it has a fair usage policy which means its an unwritten cap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

dont ever believe anyone who says a service is uncapped, if you abuse the service you will be penalised, no buts hows or wherefores, so by all means definitely think about it but keep in the back of your mind just because some sales person whose only job is to get that sale said its not capped is basically lying through his teeth

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Yeah, that's why i was so suspicious - "yeah, sure, it's uncapped, and it's unlimited, that means it's always available - and it's cheaper than your current provider......"

THB i'm happy enough with netsource/magnet, i've occasionally downloaded waaaay to much, and the've never been difficult with me.

Think i'll just wait until they do a 6meg package too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

UTV's fair usage policy is great :) on the unlimited package. Outside the hours of 6pm and 11pm we dont give a f$%k how much you download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Which is why I'm dumping NTL to move to UTV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

JNive wrote:
    NTL and Chorus have no been cobranded with it being stated as 'A UPC Company' so they are definitely getting ready to unify the brands/offerings soon id imagine. They are also rolling out PVR solutions (similar functions to SKY+) in current NTL areas, with Chorus areas at a later date i believe. So my guess is that by december there will be a lot of change to the offerings & branding. Their current '6mbps' service to date since the UPC takeover has been nothing short of terrible though

hmm, after cancelling my contract with 3, I was thinking of getting Chorus broadband - would it be better to wait and see what the new broadband offerings from UPC would be ?

Advertisement