Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fox TV Turk - Turksat 42 E

• 01-09-2007 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

Folks ,
    I just bought a second dish and receiver ( The Lidl one from last Thursday) with a view to picking up the above Satellite and in particular for the channel mentioned above. I'm located just in Co.Galway, just on the border with Roscommon and was wondering if I will be able to pick up the channel fta. From reading previous posts on the subject I'm not convinced I will and as yet haven't had a chance to check myself.

If it's not obvious to all it's the amount of live PL football on the TV station that is the attraction.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

Accordong to this site it should be possible to receive SOME channel on a 50cm dish but that looks hopelessly optimistic

In Belfast the west, S1 and S2 beams of Turksat is recievable on an 80cm dish although some channels break up in heavy rain

There seems to be West and East beam versions of Fox -possibly with some programmes blocked on the West beam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Dont think you can get the Fox Turk on 42E (well the one that shows the football anyway). You can definetily get it on 33E but will probably need a bigger dish.

Advertisement