Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

txt problems

• 01-09-2007 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭

Got a txt last night from an 085 number sent @9:06 pm, since then I have had the same txt from the same number 45 times (all through the night too)

The txt is the same and says it was sent at 9:06pm. Two more people in the house are having similar probs from 085 numbers (not the same 085 number as I am having trouble with)

I called Vodafone ( my provider) they said to contact the person who sent the txt & tell them to contact their provider, we did this but the txt still keep on coming.

Anyone having the same trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Shifty wrote:
    Got a txt last night from an 085 number sent @9:06 pm, since then I have had the same txt from the same number 45 times (all through the night too)

The txt is the same and says it was sent at 9:06pm. Two more people in the house are having similar probs from 085 numbers (not the same 085 number as I am having trouble with)

I called Vodafone ( my provider) they said to contact the person who sent the txt & tell them to contact their provider, we did this but the txt still keep on coming.

I got something like that about a year ago from a friend who was 085 (I'm on the same network) was very frustrating as I had to constantly keep deleting the messages. She got in contact with her provider and they said they'd sorted it but they just kept coming for about 3 days. They seemed to stop all by themselves tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Shifty wrote:

Yes!

I'm 085 and I sent a couple of texts to arrange going out for pints last night. My mate has been getting the same 2 texts since then, about 50 times each.

They are also charging me for each of them, so it's totally eaten allmy credit. I e-mailed meteor twice about it, but still no responce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,503 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Message on 1905 about this, known problem. Not getting the most professional image from them lately, major screwup on my last bill (data charges; and VAT on data plans...) and now this. Been with them 6 years now and not had this level of problems in one run before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Jerichoholic - email isn't exactly the right method of communication for such issues. A phone call is. And if they have an automated message, then wait til the auto message goes and if your issue isn't resolved ring them up and I'm sure they'll credit you back.

MYOB - did they fix the screwup quickly or was it drawn out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,503 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Still investigating it - I've been undercharged for data which I don't care about them fixing ;) but the problem appears to be that their data plans are set up as the full vat-inclusive price as the exclusive price on their billing system...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

txts continued until very late last night, seems to have settled down now, in all must have received over 100 txts from the same number, I just hope the person was not charged for the txts, then again maybe thats why it has stopped, maybe the persons credit has all gone.

Advertisement