Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All animals are equal........

Options
  • 01-09-2007 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Ok, for all the 'hawks eyes' out there......spot the difference.

I didn't hear anything about ripping the magazine from the shelves in protest and baying for the editors blood....

It's a funny old world............

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Rusty, if you think that's the dodgiest photo ever shown on the ISD, you've never seen the article where on one page Cal rails on about how the DoJ and Gardai have "lost it", and on the next page he poses with his bayonet collection.

I've given up on the ISD at this point, to be frank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭SMERSH

What would be a good magazine to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yeah, one is on a shooters magazine, the other is the dude in charge of something to do with the military...

SMERSH wrote:
    What would be a good magazine to get?
    I tend to read Target Sports and ISSF News mostly myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Sparks wrote:
    Rusty, if you think that's the dodgiest photo ever shown on the ISD, you've never seen the article where on one page Cal rails on about how the DoJ and Gardai have "lost it", and on the next page he poses with his bayonet collection.

I've given up on the ISD at this point, to be frank.

Sparks I dont see your point here? Are you saying that having a bayonet collection is an odd thing?

• Advertisement

Chem, are you really saying that it's a good idea to criticise the Minister for Justice and the Gardai while simultaenously posing in a national magazine with your personal collection of knives and spikes whose sole, dedicated, designed purpose is to kill other humans?

Sparks wrote:
    Chem, are you really saying that it's a good idea to criticise the Minister for Justice and the Gardai while simultaenously posing in a national magazine with your personal collection of knives and spikes whose sole, dedicated, designed purpose is to kill other humans?

Ah sparks dont you think your pushing it abit? If thats the case lets melt down every gun, sword, arrow and dagger and turn them into playground swings!

your missing the point when it comes to collecting here. Your lumping collectors of military history into the "strange loner" group. Oh we all knew he was abit odd because he collected knifes :rolleyes:

I collect and sell military items and most of the people I meet are more into the history and workmanship of the items then the politics. Am I a nazi because I collect German WW2 items? Its living history.

Its the same as many people here go to steam trashing fairs. Its to see the past in action and to be able to feel and touch the items, unlike seeing them in a museum behind glass.

you are 100% correct that a bayonet is designed and made to take human life. But we cant get so PC in life that we lose the will to remember the past and try learn from it. Beening able to hold a de-act SMLE or K98 gives you a better understanding of what the poor soles in WWI and II had to endure.

chem, you sailed right past the point there. The question was not "is it okay to have a collextion of militaria", it's "how can I best sabotage my argument against the Minister for Justice and simultaenously weaken the argument being made by every shooting body at the same time"...

So how does cal having a bayonet collection make any difference to how the government is treating licenced shooters. Its only if you take the point of view that someone is off centre because they collect bayonets that it debunks anything else he said.

Advertisement