Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Height / Low Profile Graphics Cards

Options
  • 01-09-2007 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me here?

I have just bought a Dell XPS 210 with 2gb RAM and a Core Duo 1.86 from the Dell Outlet for e400 :D and was wondering if there are any reasonably good low profile graphics cards I could get a hold of for around but preferably below the e100-150 mark?

I have only managed to find a couple of Radeon X1550s (a Sapphire one for e50 and a HIS one for e100) on Komplett. I've read some reviews and they seem okay, but I'd like something a little bit more powerful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Best low profile cards you can get are the X1600Pro and the 8400GS. Neither are particularly powerful, but it depends on what you're doing. I'd go with the 8400GS definitely...especially if you're planning using HD. It's better at games then the X1600 in most cases too, but that's the best of two medicore options - neither will see you through new games at anything other then lower settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Yeah I wasn't expecting it to do too much gaming wise to be honest, I haven't played pc games, bar FM, in years so I was hoping to use the machine to play the decent games released over the past 3/4 years that I've missed out on.

Thanks for the help Havok, I'm having a look at those cards now.

Advertisement