Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best scope for .22lr

Options
  • 01-09-2007 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I'm currently shooting a lot of rabbits and CLOSE range foxes. I'm doing a mix of daylight shooting and lamping.
    The rifle is a brno, and the scope, being that bad, hasn't got any brand printed on it, either that or it's worn off!
    So I thinks it's time I treated myself to a new 'un!
    What scope would one recommend that would be usefull for both day shooting and lamping?
    Also, where is the best place to buy??

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cmd17hmr

www.opticswarehouse.co.uk or .com

i bought scopes before off of them and they are very gud value compared to what you get here at home

up to a 12 by is really what i think is most suitable

i have a nikon monarch on mine 4 to 12 by 40 and its great in low light conditions including lamping

it all depends on your price bracket mine was as dear as the rifle but its a scope for life nd it never let me down and its a dream to use,clarity is a god send
    you could buy a gud hawke for 30 to 40 quid
    but u always get what you pay 4 its always gud to start off cheap i think then u dont waste a heap of money if u dnt like it

but look through that site nd find sumtin u like then google it and find some reviews

gud luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

If you are going for scope for lamping 30 mm tube and a large 50/56 bell, personally i picked up a very good scope on e bay for 120 Euro.

The NC star scopes are good but I don't like the recessed screw slot for zeroing. Saw a fine Nikko at the game fair in Birr for 200 E, called a night eater. I had busnell on my old 22 and found it excellent scope

good luck

Advertisement