Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going wrong?!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

The other way doesn't work, this does, just tested it there!http://www.bebo.com/a/invite/4701276985a475122467b65

Mono, that's all well & good but by pull what do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Mono, that's all well & good but by pull what do you mean?

"Pull" means to hook up with someone.

That's the easy part, getting someone a second time isn't quite so easy! I know what it means but they don't want that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I just joined your bebo thingy... sure we'll see what the crack is :)

It's not mine, I'm not single. But it is one of my friends...she's gas craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Unless they're geeks, don't resort them to a feckin Internet forum meet!

We need pics tbh before anyone can conclude as to why they can't score :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I mean none of us are size 8 but

Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pic

IrishGirls.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

If they don't get guys approaching it could be down to body language and a big 'fcuk off don't even think about it' look on their faces

That's the easy part, getting someone a second time isn't quite so easy! I know what it means but they don't want that...
    They shouldn't put out so quickly, not all of us are into ONS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

MattKid wrote:
    not all of us are into ONS

I'm the same, looking for a relationship and not a one night thing but it's not the easiest thing in the world because it appears that the women who respond well to being approached in pubs/clubs are the ones who only want a bit of fun for the night (there's nothing wrong with it, just not what I'm looking for). I wonder do the girls who are looking for a relationship somehow see themselves as above being chatted up in a pub/club. Some girls who you'd think are probably nice in life outside the pub give off a very condescending "holier than thou" attitude when guys work up some balls to go and chat to them. :mad:

Also I agree with the poster who said the "trendy" spots are more likely to have guys looking for one-nighters. My friends who are looking for this always frequent these spots. The ones looking for relationships are there too but tend to get outnumbered by those after other pursuits ;)

Finally, is it just me that HATES halo or do other guys feel this way too? It seems to be full of the type of girl who wants to know what your job is, how much you make and what are you doing with your SSIA. (btw - the answers are: a good one, quite a lot and invested it but I would NEVER tell them that :D:D:D )

Good point I suppose but it's tough getting up for work even not hungover, weekends were always our fun time so I suppose that's why we don't go out during the week.
    Friday's not a weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Maybe you should ask the guys if they'd maybe like a drink, some sex, you know see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Kanney wrote:
    Maybe you should ask the guys if they'd maybe like a drink, some sex, you know see what happens.
    What a great idea!! Next time Im out thats deffo going to be my chat up line of choice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

the-furbo wrote:
    What a great idea!! Next time Im out thats deffo going to be my chat up line of choice!!

Duhrt-Burd! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Theyl never meet anyone in Halo or any other nightclub. Ya cant hear yourself think in those places. How many people here can honestly say they met their partner in a nightclub.

Ask them if they're wearing Sex Panther too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

How many people here can honestly say they met their partner in a nightclub.

I ended up going out with a couple of girls i met in clubs.........so there...ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

JohnCleary wrote:
    Duhrt-Burd! :D
    How rude!!! :p

I never said we put out on the first date by the way...just to clarify!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭elpresdentde

maybe its the pack mentality you know don't go for the pack. pick off the lame one on her own
    a pack of women can be discouraging if they look very clicy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Well Muppetkiller has signed up too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I never said we put out on the first date by the way...just to clarify!
    Problem Solved.

Women in a pack...my partner used to call my friends the cock-blockers as we're always together BUT when we go to the bar...or are on the dance-floor, then you can catch our eye!

Women in a pack...my partner used to call my friends the cock-blockers as we're always together BUT when we go to the bar...or are on the dance-floor, then you can catch our eye!

The bar can work sometimes but as a guy if you go to the bar out of your round you're bound to get labelled as "the guy who tries to pick up women at the bar".

Dance floor is usually a total no-no (for me anyway). From what I've heard a lot of girls pretty much consider every guy on the dancefloor a perverted lecher unless definitively proven otherwise earlier in the night. :rolleyes:

Nope the clear solution is for women NOT to go out in packs :p

Ya but that's not going to happen cos we have so much fun out together in packs! And what's wrong with aforementioned label?!

I would be really wary of a single girl alone. you can usually see the ones that are approachable in packs, they stand just a little away from the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

Snotty Galway burds, thats the problem

Ya but that's not going to happen cos we have so much fun out together in packs! And what's wrong with aforementioned label?!

Would you go out with a guy who had that label???

And the answer is travel in twos, I can manage approaching girls in twos ..... just about :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I would say your friends are not alone in their situation. TBH I have been here a good few years now and have seen Galway become more an more of a "party" town, i.e tourists/hens/stags who come down at the weekend for the craic and to score and then head home. It is also a really youthful city with all the students etc who do tend to age between 18-23. If your friends are older than this I would imagine it would be harder to meet eligible bachelors. I actually thought that I had a problem (looks/personalitywise) until I went away for the summer and was meeting loads of nice guys. I think that if you go out with the intention of meeting mr right, then that ain't gonna happen. I've gone out done up to the nines and not met anyone and the night I go casual(jeans and runners) I'll meet someone. Confidence and attitude go a long way. But I agree that Galway is an awful place to b single..

Advertisement