Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB IP Address's (Breeze)

Options
  • 01-09-2007 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

Ok, I got IBB when it was first released and got one of the big ass square aerial on my roof that was powered by a POE box.

I was given a preset IP address that I needed to set my computer/router to to connect it to IBB.

Is anybody who had or has a IBB connect able to tell me the IP address and gateway from there system? I'm trying to reconfigure the unit and can;t remember the IP range to worked off :/

All my looking for the the first 3 ranges e.g. 10.???.???.xxx - You don;t need to tell me the full IP if you don't want to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Your ip address could be in a different range according to what mast you're on. And even people on the same mast would be on different ip ranges. So even if I were to give you my range you could be in a completely different one. Your best bet is to ring IBB and ask for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Whereabouts are you ? ( Its a public ip anyway , 87.192.200.131/26 sorta thing., not 10.whatever )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

bushy... wrote:
    Whereabouts are you ? Its usually a public ip anyway , 87.192.200.131/26 sorta thing

Thats no good.. as irlrobins said they use many many different subnets..
    OP just has to ring ibb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭moynihan

Give them a call. As soon as you give them your address and name they'll be able to give you your public ip on the phone. The number is 1890 56 44 56

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I haven't been a IBB "customer" for a while, due to there crap service and constant overcharging... (Long Story.... :/ )

I am looking to re-use the AP module but need the old IP address to reset the setting on it. I've already tried to sniff traffic/broadcast from it with tcpdump and wireshark but no luck....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

ab_cork wrote:
    Thats no good.. as irlrobins said they use many many different subnets..

Yeah .

Anyway , reason for asking where you are is obvious ( for the lab bunnies who weren't given mogadon) .Check PM for email address

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You need to *BE* an IBB customer and they will "provision" it. Possibly you might need a PPPoE account. Not sure how IBB provision it.

It's probably a criminal offence to attempt to connect without a valid account.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you using IBB's service that belongs to another customer or without IBB's or a customers permission then its stealing and its regarded as a criminal activity.

I don't want any discussion here of how to use IBB's service without permission

Advertisement