Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enter The Dragon

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gotabi

yeah im in 5th year and im doing 3-4 hours a night on weekdays :)

many more on weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Are you going for 600 points or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

gotabi wrote:
    yeah im in 5th year and im doing 3-4 hours a night on weekdays :)

many more on weekends

thats ridiculous, I didn't do anything like that at all, its not required at ANY stage in 6th year........
    Are you going for 600 points or something?

......EVEN IF you are aiming for 600 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

We were given a major lecture on our first day of fifth year, where we were informed tht we shoudl be spending half an hour per subject on homework AT LEAST per night. Thats without extra study for tests.
    In my case, we get a lot of French Letter tests(about one per week, you're handed it about a week before the test, the teacher explains it and gives different phrases), and Irish is tested every three weeks or so, but in the week of teh Irish tests she does two tests...My Irish teachers "you've studied properly" mark is 85%.
    I spent two hours studying for tests and three hours on homework one evening. I had a French and Irish test the next day, and spent two hours trying to figure out my Maths homework(and after that, after "cracking it", I still had most of it wrong.....).
    This is like the third week of fifth year I had that....and by the way the teachers are going on its a lot worse as you go along...

Study timetable....ha....I have a lot of them....they're all decorated...and lost in my room...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

Timans wrote:
    I am doing ALL honours subjects.

Maths/English/Irish (MAY drop to OL in Irish after mocks)
    i wouldnt drop to Ordinary level if i were you. even if it is your worst subject, if you study it and do enough homework to get a C in it, then dont drop. if you **** up one of your exams on the day, you'll be glad to be able to fall back on irish,. especially if ur goin for 545. i was gonna drop this year, but stuck it out and im doing pretty well. getting As in all the weekly tests, even though i've been getting 50% since the JC. hopefully ill get a B2 in the leaving. that would be nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

This is like the third week of fifth year I had that....and by the way the teachers are going on its a lot worse as you go along...

Study timetable....ha....I have a lot of them....they're all decorated...and lost in my room...

word of advice, dont kill yourself in fifth year. just take a lot of notes and keep them safe and do all your homework. when sixth year comes thats when you buckle down. itll be very hard to still be motivated to work after spending all of fifth year studying. and dont mind the teachers they always try to scare you into studying so when the LC comes it will be easier than you expected. It works tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

The way I think of it is that all the small tests that we do in class ( class tests) gear up towards the big one, the leaving cert. So basically, if you study for your little tests in school and do relatively well in them, then beyond reasonable doubt, you will do good in your big exams.

Small test + small test + small test X 30 = leaving cert exam:)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

woo lads relax a bit now. 3-4 hours a night in 5th year? I know the LC is important, but so is enjoying life. Save that type of study for 6th year

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Hmm i agree on the tests part, i mean if u do aim to top grades on the small parts they actualy do add up in the end :)
    Im in 6th now.. so far not too bad.. althogh with the part-time job the energy is running out quite fast :( Unfortunatly must keep it for another month i think.. even though i hate it, but .. ehh )
    Anyways, going to try to get afterschool study at some stage our school does it from 4 to 6 from Mon to Thur. Never did it yet though.. dont know if it ll be useful to me.

Btw have anybody in the previous years done those seminars on holidays, like they do in ashfield college and institute? Did they help?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Ha started taking advice on treating tests....and got a B in my Higher Maths test....Lil Miss is very happy with that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 liamoh

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    ^I got all A1-B2s, and I certainly didn't do that much study before Xmas.
    yes but you also conviently left out how many b2s you got, I got 545, and I studied before xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

liamoh wrote: »
    yes but you also conviently left out how many b2s you got, I got 545, and I studied before xmas

Well JC got about 570 or 580 ( i think 580) from what I can remember, so.......clearly not studying before Christmas worked.

I got 580 and I didn't study before Christmas.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

0 hours a night for me, just can't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

JC got 580 so I doubt he got that many B2's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I got one B2 and one B1, both of which I didn't count.

Man, the LC is so far away and irrelevant now.....

Advertisement