Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

results and parents

• 01-09-2007 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hey!! does anyone know how to deal with the parents if u get crappy results?? i have a feeling thats its not 2 good!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

hey!! does anyone know how to deal with the parents if u get crappy results?? i have a feeling thats its not 2 good!!!

Well at the end of the day its not your parents who should care about the results its you since its

A. Your Life
    B. Your Education
    C. You did the exam not them

If you are happy with the results and feel you did the best you could then they should understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Stev_o wrote:
    Well at the end of the day its not your parents who should care about the results its you since its

A. Your Life
    B. Your Education
    C. You did the exam not them

If you are happy with the results and feel you did the best you could then they should understand

Yes Indeed. I agree with that. As my father once told me "Im only telling you to do your best as its in your own interests, I dont get paid more at work if you do well or anything!"

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭-donegal-girlie

Yes Indeed. I agree with that. As my father once told me "Im only telling you to do your best as its in your own interests, I dont get paid more at work if you do well or anything!"

My mammy and daddy told mise dat they knew i put the work in and even if i come out with all F's (which i defintaly wont) They will know i tryed my best!!:rolleyes: My friends parents are totally the other way round..they are wile strict..forsing her to study..:( :(

If you tried your best...then thats all you can do..! Dont worry about the results..they mean nothing..just start working for the leaving cert..that is the one the matters..but anyway goodluck with the results im sure you will do great!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

As long as they're not being over the top I'd suggest taking their advice. They'll leave you alone after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

My parents told me too just do the best that i can, but i think that they must've noticed that i did absolutely nothing until the last 2 days before it:o. I wouldn't bother taking much crap about results, they didn't do any exams, so they don't have much right to give out about results imo. If you want to "deal" with your parents if you get crappy results, just say that you really tried your hardest and pretend that your upset about the results;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement