Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Processor upgrade question

Options
  • 01-09-2007 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I currenly have a Dell Dimension 9150 with a Pentium 4 630 chip. I was considering upgrading the CPU as it is dragginf my Vista performance score down

The computer has an Intel 945G chipset, I was wondering what my upgrade options would be eg. Core 2 Duo etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I wouldn't read too much into that score all it does is show a potential weak link in the system but just because it has a low score does not mean it is not suited to the tasks at hand.

As for the Dell 9150 I'm afraid it does not support the Core 2 line only the Pentirum 4/D so the only way to get a Core 2 would be to switch motherboards.
    {The 9150 came with several different motherboards from Dell but according to the Dell forums none of them support the Core 2}

As for RAM it can be up to DDR-2 667 1GB per slot.

Plus some consolation in that it has a PCI-e slot for a proper graphics card.

Advertisement