Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom go 910 : Irish coverage?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Nokia bids $8 billion for NavTeq!

Engadget:

The headline really does tell the whole story in this case: Finnish telecom giant Nokia has announced its intention to purchase one of the world's two digital mapping powerhouses (the other being TomTom target TeleAtlas) in an $8 billion deal that should result in some pretty sick location-based services on your next N-series phone. Nokia expects to have pulled NAVTEQ into the fold by the end of Q1 2008; all hail NokTEQ.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Zimmerframe , I am here to eat humble pie , Have to say v6.75.1322 by navteq is better . I've been testing TA's newest Western & Central Europe v7.10 now for a week and it is still behind 1322 NT .

I am praying that Garmin win the war for TA and TT are forced to buy maps from navteq/Nokia .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I noted down the last time I played around with ttn6 that 660 is Navteq and 675 is TA. 660 has pretty much what you'd expect from Navteq, and 675 while good just wasn't up to scratch after a couple of weeks in use. I also remember reading that tt cancelled the contract with Navteq and that all maps going forward would be TA.

My notes my be wrong, I don't use ttn6 any more. Always find myself back using R66.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

sharkman wrote: »
    Zimmerframe , I am here to eat humble pie , Have to say v6.75.1322 by navteq is better

No worries m8, we had fun discussing it. :D

I wonder how long will Tomtom continue to issue updates of the Navteq map ?

or hopefully TA will eventually get to 100% coverage of ROI.

I guess Tomtom would be in a spot of bother if Garmin own TA, and Nokia had them by the short and curlies. :D

Advertisement