Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turksat 2A Cork Mze

• 01-09-2007 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I am having trouble trying to get gerogian channels on Turksat 42E. I have had most of them Imedi, Georgian tv and rustavi (sometimes is bad) but Mze is close to impossible to recieve.

I have tried fine tuning the dish with the ear piece thing that came with the lidl offer. I have set elev to 15degrees. Azimith was set by hand as I dont own a compass. Polarisation doesnt seem to make that much of a diffference. set it to around 30 degrees clockwise as it seemed to be strongest. the calculator says that is should be set to -31 degrees. I take it that it means 30degrees anti clockwise but signal is worse here.

is the 80cm dish just not going to cut it. I have other people less than a mile from me that say that they have 80cm dish and have all the channels working well. with the obvious breakup in bad weather.

Any sugestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

Phester wrote:
    Polarisation doesnt seem to make that much of a diffference.

Cough…. splutter.....

I think that your are down to the final stage of the dish installation which is fine tuning the dish setting to maximise signal.
    Patience is now required as you will have to make tiny adjustments to all your settings Elevation, Azimuth and LNB Skew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Phester

I got a loan of a humax receiver as lidl sl65 reports signal of 70% and quality of 60% or nothing. The humax box gives a signal of 80 but a quality of 24% on the weakest channel. have tried fine tuning as best but it seams that the above is the strongest i can recieve.

Also note. the humax box receives MZE fine most of the time. connecting the lidl box back up it doesnt see Mze (settings are correct for the tuning).

The lidl box works very occasionaly but the humax seems to work most of the time.

Am i just on the threshold of receiver sensitivity.

Any can anyone give me the Signal quality for an 80cm dish in their area so that I can get a ball park figure.

Turns out that the scew for the LMB was set correctly. -31 degrees is clockwise for satellites in the east. (according to a website)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Rock solid at 75% on a 1.2M with a Technomate in rain. In contrast, continual mpeg artefacts with a Skystar 2 even in dry weather.

Advertisement