Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Sleeve!! :D Do YOU have a sleeve?

Options
  • 02-09-2007 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭

Yep. You've read the title correctly!

The piece begins work on Monday, with my all time favourite pokemon, Mew!

Here's the rest of the story:

Right, I need some advice from peoples with sleeves. I'm trying to piece this pokemon sleeve together, I'm just a little confused as to how it will work. Like, I know the top will be Zapdos with his wings spread and a big lightning sky behind him. Mew is going down with the stars down the bottom of my arm. Somewhere there'll be a jigglypuff coming out of a pokeball holding it's marker. When you're designing a sleeve, how does placement work?

Will the artist be able to help you out with that? Can the background be lots of different shading colours? I want it to look similar to the nintendo sleeve (I'm sure you've all seen it!) with all the different scenes happening.

Any advice or ideas are always welcomed! Thankies, kiddies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭McFearless

sweet,i hope you post pics,how long are you booked in for on monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

the artist should be able to help you out with the idea, you just give him/her some direction and a general idea. just pick out your fav pokemonthen get em inked. You should have ideas going into this, a sleeve is a major project...

you could have some of them fighting each other possibly? like breathing fire or some sh!t squirtle has to go in im sorry, and the lil fox one...uhm vulpix?!?!!eleventy!

whose doing it? celestial guys? its gonna be in colour...jani?

edit: i guessed right :) checked in "show me" thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Yeah, Jani's my man. I'm booked in for just two hours, just for the mew. Cos I'm broke this month. But after that, it'll be fun. Yeah. Vulpix is way cute. I wanted a ninetails, but figured it might not look right, cos it's primary colour is cream. ... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

uhm yeah ok, sorry not too well up on pokemon... but good luck with it either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

i would say the tattooist will help with placement. good luck!!!

also, you are officially one of my faviourite ppl. (really just because your getting a pokemon sleeve and you stole burgerking posters while locked lol)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

How many of them are you gonna get in it F_S?

*crosses fingers and hopes for mewtwo*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

*... is beginning to suspect Pokémon has been brainwashing people to get tattoos with the people here who seem to know a lot about Pokémon...*:p

Used to be into it myself, would still give the games a bash if I wasn't already subscribed to 3 MMORGS. Hope your love for the little critters never fades.;)

*ponders getting FMA tattoos... maybe the law of equivalent exchange... and wonders off muttering...*:rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

polywrath as well! dont forget polywrath!

*loves the water pokémon*

So mew was done today. Most sexual tattoo I've ever had. Pix to come!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

Really can't wait to see how it all turns out! I saw an amazin pokemon sleeve somewhere online a while ago and could never find it again!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

cant wait to see this!! haha come on put us all to shame :D

1922569366a5459634480l.jpg

Incase you missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 billybong.....

that looks savage, its really well done...how long did that take...

sweet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Stumbled across this thread.

I dont mean to offend, its good artwork but am I the only one that thinks getting a pokemon (or many) on your arm is insane. I have nothing against tatoos, in fact I love some but I can't imagine what would posess someone to get a pokemon on their arm.

Again OP, I dont mean to offend but thats the though process here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 billybong.....

every one has there own ideas...if it makes you happy i say go for it...

Wisesmurf wrote:

I dont mean to offend, its good artwork but am I the only one that thinks getting a pokemon (or many) on your arm is insane. I have nothing against tatoos, in fact I love some but I can't imagine what would posess someone to get a pokemon on their arm.

Do you have a tattoo??i got mine coz its what i like,my gilfriend hates mine but i didnt get them coz she likes them but coz i do,dont ppl try get tattoos that no1 else has?!

eg:http://www.wiiwii.tv/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/tattoo.jpg

I dont have a tatoo, I have nothing against getting one, I may well get one in the future but have no intention on getting one at the moment

I love some tatoos and think tatoo artists are fantastic and at their best tatoos are some of the finest artwork pieces around

My issue is why cover 5% of your body and some of your most noticable skin in what is escentially a fad. What will be the reference point for this type of tatoo in 10 years. If you have no real emotional link to the tatoo you get surely you will begin to like it less over time and there's no real going back.

Again, I'm simply giving my opinion and initial reaction to the tatoo i do not wish to offend and I appreciate that the only person that has to like the tatoo is the OP but I simply cant fathom why he would pic pokemon as something that he'll have to look at for the rest of his life.

Maybe I'm getting the significance of a tatoo wrong or maybe I'm under estimating pokemon

oh, when I originally saw this thread and saw 'pokemon sleeve' I thought it was going to be a tatoo like the one the guy has in the new clio add that he takes off and gives to his friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

:confused: I thought the "fad" of Pokémon had pretty much died out a year or two ago, maybe longer (all starts to blur at my ripe old age of 24:D), also at 20 years of age I think she's a bit old to fall victim to a "fad" that is really aimed at kids. If she were going to grow out of it she probably would have so I think she'll be a fan for life.
    She simply finds them cute and loves them for that, no harm, how many girls/grown women do you see out there wearing Elmo t-shirts? Do you think there are none of them who've gone the whole hog and gotten Elmo tattoos?
    While you and I may not want a Pokémon tattoo ourselves she did and loves it (think I remember hearing she had other ones too), just as I love my tattoos and I would hope you would love yours if you ever found something you felt connected with enough that you'd want it as a tattoo.

Besides... it's pink, all the girls will love it!:D

Hmm... think if I were to get a cutesy tattoo it'd be the little soot creatures in Spirited Away, love them!:o Have other plans though and don't think there's anywhere I could get such a tattoo without it interfering with the planned ones.
    (once again, for the record I am a bloke! lol)

Wisesmurf wrote:

What would possess someone to use "smurf" to identify themselves with over the internet?

People that don't "get" the pokemon thing usually refer to it as a fad... how long have they been going now? I know I personally still love pokemon... Not the cartoons or movies etc... but the games on the various handhelds.

And I'm 27.

And I'm a guy.

I've been playing them right through from the first pokemon game. I think the tattoo is fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i love the mew emz! im surprised, id anticipated it being smaller and at the top of your arm, but that is very very cool.

where's squirtle going? :D

Wisesmurf wrote:

Hang on a sec there love. Who are you again? Do you even know me? Clearly not.

1. I'm a girl, not a guy.
    2. Everyone on here who knows me knows I'm that little bit different. Mew is my all-time favourite pokemon ever. I've been watching the cartoon since it started. I still play the games. And I can't see that changing any time soon. I'm a fan of the artwork. And I love nu-skool designs. The mew tattoo I got is absolutely beautiful. And everyone says it. I love it so much.

I mean, I think pokemon has become something of a legend, and I reckon it's here to saty. It's popularity had died a bit, grant you that. But everyone will remember it in years to come. Bit like the magic roundabout and other kinda kids shows.

Basically, the tattoo doesn't mean anything to me. It's beautiful. And I love the artwork. And I honestly couldn't care less what anyone else thinks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Goat Mouth

hmm just an idea (depending on whether or not you like this pokemon)
    how about a bulbasaur (sorry if spelling is wrong.) with the vines stretching out along the arm.

and once again serious fair play with the commitment!
    i actually wish i was that big a fan of something.
    im one of those guys who doesnt like anything inparticular enough to show it, i find myself to be a mediocre fan of everything really....

What would possess someone to use "smurf" to identify themselves with over the internet?

Smurf is a derivative of my surname, answers on a postcard young Sherlock!
    1. I'm a girl, not a guy.
    Apologies, I presumed you are a girl. Was typing on autopilot on the second post.

I did'nt know that pokemon was that big to some people. I simply wanted to know why the subject matter, the artwork is fantastic theres no doubt about that. I did'nt mean to offend.

Wisesmurf wrote:
    Smurf is a derivative of my surname, answers on a postcard young Sherlock!

Funny you say that, Sherlock ties in with MY surname... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Professor_Fink

F_S, Mew looks fantastic, and ties in really well with the stars. The colours look really well together. Can't wait to see the rest of the sleeve.

Ah thanks. Yeah, I love it so much. Everyone's complimented the art work. :)

Advertisement