Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My PC build so far (and and the shopping list for the rest)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

The P5K3 is a DDR3 mobo and the ram you have picked is DDR2 which is NOT compatible.

Personally I would stick to DDR2 and go for a P5K Deluxe which is the DDR2 version of that series of mobos.

Other than that the parts you have selected are grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

uberpixie wrote:
    The P5K3 is a DDR3 mobo and the ram you have picked is DDR2 which is NOT compatible.

Personally I would stick to DDR2 and go for a P5K Deluxe which is the DDR2 version of that series of mobos.

Other than that the parts you have selected are grand.

oh rite, I thought it was the case that it was ddr3 compatible, not that it HAD to be ddr3 put into it...oh well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Of course you can get mobo's that do both. Btw if you not much of a gamer that pc may be a little overkill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

Cunny-Funt wrote:
    Of course you can get mobo's that do both. Btw if you not much of a gamer that pc may be a little overkill.

not much of a gamer no, but when I do play games, I do like to play them on a decent machine :P

Graphics card may be a bit too much, but I dont really care - all the rest of it will be necessary for a really good music recording and video editing PC. See I compose musak so I'm hoping to be able to record my own stuff, and put music to video etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If you can afford it go for it. As its a very nice build.

• Advertisement
Advertisement