Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

conveyancing Solicitors Drogheda?

Options
  • 02-09-2007 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Well it looks like we maybe making a house move and like everyone else we're trying to keep the legal fees down by shopping around for a reputable solicitor. Can anyone here recommend any around the Drogheda area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

i used Niamh Doyle in Duke st.....was v.efficent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

may i ask the % comission fee she charged. It seems a lot of these guys are charging 1% which seems very high to me. If i sell my gaff for 440k and buy for 500K I'm looking at 9,400 plus 21%VAt =11,374 Euros in legal fees alone. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

may i ask the % comission fee she charged. It seems a lot of these guys are charging 1% which seems very high to me. If i sell my gaff for 440k and buy for 500K I'm looking at 9,400 plus 21%VAt =11,374 Euros in legal fees alone. :eek:

where did you get those figures from? i sold a house in '05 and bought a new one, and my bill came to about €3800.. thats mad money your quoting... what has the value of the house you are selling or buying got to do with the price they charge? the jobs the same regardless of house value..

Easy there tiger ;) I'm assuming they charge 1% either side of the buy and sell transaction...that's the way it used to be anyway....Have things changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

as far as i can remember she charges 1%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I remember the 1% which Fingers refers to, and it is mad money!

There's a group of solicitors attached to www.homebuyhomesell.ie who offer reduced price conveyancing to Credit Union members. I used them for my move to Drogheda (from Leixlip) and the bill was less than €3k. Service was good too, although I had a straightforward sale and purchase. I'd say if there were any complications, the costs might increase.

You contact a central office and they put you in touch with a local solicitor.

My solicitor was based in Leixlip, so can't recommend a Drogheda one to you, sorry!

(disclaimer - no connection to company other than a customer).

Gipi, Sounds interesting. So you bought and sold and the whole transaction came to 3K???...very reasonable. I think i might look into this crowd. I'm presuming they charged a flat rate of 1200 Euros for each on either side of the sale.
    gipi wrote:
    I remember the 1% which Fingers refers to, and it is mad money!

There's a group of solicitors attached to www.homebuyhomesell.ie who offer reduced price conveyancing to Credit Union members. I used them for my move to Drogheda (from Leixlip) and the bill was less than €3k. Service was good too, although I had a straightforward sale and purchase. I'd say if there were any complications, the costs might increase.

You contact a central office and they put you in touch with a local solicitor.

My solicitor was based in Leixlip, so can't recommend a Drogheda one to you, sorry!

(disclaimer - no connection to company other than a customer).

Advertisement