Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eugene released

• 02-09-2007 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

World Wrestling Entertaiment announced tonight that they are releasing Smackdown superstar Eugene from his contract. Here is the official statement by the company:

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Smackdown talent Eugene as of September 1. We wish Eugene the best in all future endeavors.

Eugene first burst onto the scene on Raw as the "nephew" of Eric Bischoff. Fans ended up getting behind the character and he ended up playing a major role in some of the storylines between Triple H & Chris Benoit after Wrestlemania 20. After the response for him went down, he fell back into a supporting role, and during his last few months on Raw, was regulated to being a tag team partner of Hacksaw Jim Duggan on Heat.

When the draft occured, Eugene was sent to Smackdown in a hope that the move would help refresh the character but with the exception of a few matches on the brand, Eugene was basically stuck in the same position he was in on Raw, but without a show (even a web-based one) to do anything. One has to wonder if this release is part of the recent Wellness Program violations, or if it is just due to the face that the company had nothing for Eugene to do anymore. We will keep you updated on this story as more develops.

(Credit: WWE.com;lordsofpain.net)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

poor nick dinsmore,he was actually a talented wrestler but never really got the chance to show it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Seconded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

another bit of talent WASTED!!!!
    They never gave him a decent storyline and he was only used as a scape goat against "bigger" stars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

He also was a great actor.I thought he took what was a very short straw admirably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

he was a genuinely good wrestler. what a terrible gimmick they gave him. really just terrible and the kind of thing that makes wrestling a public laughing stock. he did so well with that charachter. i always wished they would do an angle a la kayser soyse, where he was faking being retarded the whole time and was fooling everyone. anything to break him out of that and get him taken seriously. its the kind of gimmick that gives him very little options in terms of his future career progression e.g. wherever he turns up it really stretches credibility that he is no longer retarded. wrestling really sucks sometimes and i really feel for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He's a really good wrestler, I'd like to see him in ROH

The Eugene character was kind of entertaining for a while when he debuted, but it was ridiculous the way WWE made public statements about how the character was a positive one who would overcome the odds despite his difference. He was a positive one when he was involved with HHH and Regal helped him, and when Rock helped him once, but after that they just used him as a comedy character, and a bad one at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

More wasted talent, more TV time for talentless slugs like Kane :(
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭irishhack

For the first time I'm totally in agreement with you guys. :eek:

Whats seldom is wonderful, i guess.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hammy140

Lads, what's the bet that Nick Dinsmore will turn up on TNA with a loose cannon type gimmick dissing WWE for under utilising him the past few years!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

forbesii wrote:
    he was a genuinely good wrestler. what a terrible gimmick they gave him. really just terrible and the kind of thing that makes wrestling a public laughing stock. he did so well with that charachter. i always wished they would do an angle a la kayser soyse, where he was faking being retarded the whole time and was fooling everyone. anything to break him out of that and get him taken seriously. its the kind of gimmick that gives him very little options in terms of his future career progression e.g. wherever he turns up it really stretches credibility that he is no longer retarded. wrestling really sucks sometimes and i really feel for him.

Excellent call, always thought someting along those lines meself. I had visions of him receiving a massive chair shot at a PPV, then re-emerging as a genius...shades of when Homer got the crayon removed from his brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Talent wasted! Was watching Smackdown last night and thought how much longer will he last in WWE, cos he seems to be one of those "we have no story for him", stuck in the same gimmick that's not really going anywhere. He was quite entertaining for a while. Probably end up in TNA now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

RVD420 wrote:
    I had visions of him receiving a massive chair shot at a PPV, then re-emerging as a genius...shades of when Homer got the crayon removed from his brain.

Thats bloody brilliant! :D Tops the Kayser Soze angle.

I had often thought about something like that, because otherwise there is no way back from a gimmick like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Probably end up in TNA now.

I was thinking the same but is this the time for TNA to re-hire another WWE guy with a history of substance abuse? I don't think so which means TNA will probably do it anyway.

Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore was sitting in the meeting regarding changes in the WWE Wellness Policy. Shortly after the meeting ended, he was informed he was released from the company and led out of the building by management. The release was said to have been a complete shock to him.

Chris Cage, a former WWE developmental talent who was released some time ago following a Wellness issue, but has since returned to OVW in an attempt to earn a new deal, was booked to work as an extra on the taping. He was asked to leave the taping with the belief being the company didn't want someone who had been released due to Wellness issues being around in the current environment.

Harsh huh?

What about the release but then to turf him out straight away

Whassup with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

EdK wrote:
    Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore was sitting in the meeting regarding changes in the WWE Wellness Policy. Shortly after the meeting ended, he was informed he was released from the company and led out of the building by management.

Seems like it was a breach of the wellness policy. I.M.H.O.:eek:

Oh yeah fire the undercarder as an example but keep all the serial offenders

Very fair

EdK wrote:

Very fair

Some reports are saying that it was his third strike, although only one of his previous strikes was public knowledge

• Advertisement

News to me and I usually know EVERYTHING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

EdK wrote:

Very fair

i hate speculating when nothing official is yet to be announced (yeah right:D ), but as you said in your previous post
    EdK wrote:
    Harsh huh?

What about the release but then to turf him out straight away

Whassup with that?

It does seem harsh to just turf a guy out if your just releasing him because of a lack of story lines for him and just after a meeting regarding changes in the WWE Wellness Policy.:cool: (conspiracy ?????????)

EdK wrote:
    News to me and I usually know EVERYTHING

He was found passed out on somas outside his hotel room because he didn't have his keys shortly after the Wellness Policy was introduced and he got suspended and sent to rehab

EDIT: Oops, sorry, that was the week after Eddie died and before the Wellness Policy was introduced

Oh yeah I actually remember that but it seems like so long ago, to be honest I thought that was it for him back then

How could I forget that, probably all the bigger scandals that have happened in between

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/crymetymereleased
    World Wrestling Entertainment and RAW brand tag-team Cryme Time has parted ways. There are no in-depth details at this point, only that there was an incident sometime this weekend involving Cryme Time and WWE Tag Team champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch.
    :eek: WTF! They were getting over...slowly...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I really enjoyed cryme time and they were building up the fued between them and Cade/murdoch. If they go to TNA i hope they are kept till TNA get the 2 hour slot. and i hope they keep d same gimmick. We love that money money yea yea, that money money yea yea..........

That could take a while. That 2 hour slot will depend on a few things that TNA aren't really willing to do at the minute. Going HD is one of them, something TNA are dead against right now.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Always felt they blew a good opportunity with the Eugene character by not turning him smart and thus a heel. They could have done it through quite a few different ways. Personally I liked the suggestion of having Matt Striker educate him. Could have been funny too.

Talented guy who was insanely over for a brief period in 2004. I always felt the Toronto fans at Summerslam were instrumental in burying the character when they booed the sh*t out of him against Triple H. After that he was destined for the mid-card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hammy140

I really enjoyed cryme time and they were building up the fued between them and Cade/murdoch. If they go to TNA i hope they are kept till TNA get the 2 hour slot. and i hope they keep d same gimmick. We love that money money yea yea, that money money yea yea..........

I reckon that Cryme Time vs Team Pacman is coming to a screen near you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I don't know whats going on at all, at all. WWE drop 10-11 guys and then go and fire 3. If Dinsmore's dismissal was not related to the Wellness Policy, then I think it was a stupid thing to do. He had a character that could atleast take up some air time. Any of the above storylines could have helped distract people from the fact that the rosters are going to be looking a little thinned out over the coming month. I never saw anything of his that made me think he was a talented guy, but at the very least he had a character other than a tough-guy.

Cryme Time were mediocre, but if they were having trouble with Cade and Murdoch they could have switched shows or even just drop the storyline. I mean, Booker and Batista beat each other up and then went on to work together. How bad of an 'incident' was this, I wonder?

Just on Crime Time, pwtorch are reporting that they gave their finisher to the referee (not planned) after he and Cade and Murdoch (who they didn't get on with) ribbed them in the ring by giving them a fast count.

b.ie polar wrote:
    I never saw anything of his that made me think he was a talented guy, but at the very least he had a character other than a tough-guy.

He used to have great matches on Velocity as Nick Dinsmore back when it was a very good wrestling show. He's helped train a lot of guys who've come through OVW and apparently he was set to take up a new job there soon which makes this more surprising, according to one report I read
    Just on Crime Time, pwtorch are reporting that they gave their finisher to the referee (not planned) after he and Cade and Murdoch (who they didn't get on with) ribbed them in the ring by giving them a fast count.

Yeah, the house show report I read said that the match ended very quickly with JTG getting counted out even though he'd just made it back to the ring. Of all weeks to go against the script, they picked the worst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Eugene was a **** gimmick :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Eugene's gimmick was good at the start, as in you could not out wrestle him, but you would have to outsmart him. It made sense, but even still it's a horrible gimmick. I think that Eugene TNA angle would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

In honour of Eugene. I think its hard to say he wasn't entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXn0wTs3e4U

Haha.

• Advertisement

For a guy with a tough gimmick he played it well and was over at one stage

Maybe he should go back to being Doink

And before some smartass comes in such as VR I know he's hot the original Doink but he has played him in the past.

EdK wrote:

And before some smartass comes in such as VR I know he's hot the original Doink but he has played him in the past.

So have at least ten other guys. I think he'll do fine as Nick Dinsmore and he has a better chance than most of making it back to WWE. He could even shave the hair and beard off and just pretend he's someone else

Including Brooklyn Brawler Steve Lombardi

Actually I think he could find it hard to shake that gimmick now he had alot of young fans It's not any easy thing to leave behind whether you want to or not.

EdK wrote:

Better to be a smartass like my good self, then be a complete A grade dumbass (who knows EVERYTHING!) like your good self, EdK. Heed those words, as it's probably the best piece of advice you'll ever get in your life. :)

Doink was played by too many guys, Matt Bourne (actually features in the first Wrestlemania) was the first, Ray Liticelli (sp?) is another, Steve Lombardi is another. Jericho doesn't really count as it was a pisstake anyway. But there's at least 5 people who have played that character! :)

VR!

Chillax lads, there's no need to risk getting a banning

• Advertisement

I had that written before I saw your edit, last word on it

Anyways classic Eugene moments

At WrestleMania 21, delivering a trademark Eugene promo until being interrupted by the controversial Arab-American heels Muhammed Hassan and Daivari who then attacked Eugene. This was the prelude to the much anticipated return of Hulk Hogan, who came to the ring to save Eugene from the double-team beating. [10]

On the July 25, 2005 episode of RAW to take part in Kurt Angle's "Kurt Angle Invitational." Eugene became the first successful challenger. [11] Angle eventually won back his medal at SummerSlam.

His feud with his "Uncle Eric." The storyline led to a match at the Taboo Tuesday 2004 PPV on October 19, in which fans could vote on the match stipulation. The chosen stipulation was that the loser would have his head shaved. Eugene won this match, thus shaving his uncle's head.

EdK wrote:
    Anyways classic Eugene moments

At WrestleMania 21, delivering a trademark Eugene promo until being interrupted by the controversial Arab-American heels Muhammed Hassan and Daivari who then attacked Eugene. This was the prelude to the much anticipated return of Hulk Hogan, who came to the ring to save Eugene from the double-team beating.

I was so annoyed when that happened, Eugene was hugely over yet Hogan wouldn't let him stay in the ring and pose as well. Dinsmore wasn't in the best physical shape, but Hogan had a beergut bigger than Undertaker on his 2000 return that night! Just pure unprofessionalism on Hogans part i felt. Of course, that shouldn't have surprised me given his history.
    On the July 25, 2005 episode of RAW to take part in Kurt Angle's "Kurt Angle Invitational." Eugene became the first successful challenger. [11] Angle eventually won back his medal at SummerSlam.

Not only was that moment as funny as hell, but the match itself gave Dinsmore a chance to shine as an actual wrestler. I loved it all, the storyline and the match.
    His feud with his "Uncle Eric." The storyline led to a match at the Taboo Tuesday 2004 PPV on October 19, in which fans could vote on the match stipulation. The chosen stipulation was that the loser would have his head shaved. Eugene won this match, thus shaving his uncle's head.

Hated this! Hated that entire PPV, it was god awful! Even McMahon's commentary wasn't even funny during the haircut, as anyone that watched WCW prior to this knew that Bischoff started going grey years ago and had the bottle of Just For Men for breakfast every morning!

VR!

Just Bischoff being publicly shaved was pretty funny, he was only hired so they could punish him. Unfortunately they do that with some talented guys too though Kazarian etc

The promo was good and Hassan and Daivari coming out was fitting, Hogan did milk it though and shunted Dinsmore

But hey that's Hulk for ya

EdK wrote:
    Just Bischoff being publicly shaved was pretty funny, he was only hired so they could punish him. Unfortunately they do that with some talented guys too though Kazarian etc

Don't get me started on Kazarian, and i like the guy. But he was asked to do an image change and he refused, leading to his eventual release, right? But he gets his hair cut a couple of weeks afterwards anyway?

To me, thats just cutting your nose to spite your face really!

For me, another good Eugene moment was quite a recent one. Matt Striker teaching him, and Eugene is picking his nose and is about to eat it and Striker goes batsh*t and tries for about a minute to get him to stop...

... only Eugene made Striker eat the bogey!
    I couldn't stop laughing at that for some reason.

VR!

Hi every one this is my first BLOG so bear with me, I'm not a computer guy. I figured this was the best whey to answer everyone's questions and give credible answers to the situation involving me and J. First I want to say thank you to WWE and all the talent in & out of the ring (Superstars, Divas, Agents, Production, Creative, Referees, Office, OVW, and more) for giving me the opportunity to follow my dreams and helping to mold and guide me in the right directions. I also would like to apologize to anyone I have hurt or disrespected. I am truly sorry.

Being a WWE wrestler has been a dream of mine since I was 5 years old and wrestling for WWE is the greatest job in the world. Unfortunately due to certain actions and events that I will NOT discuss J and I were released. WWE is not an evil greedy corporation, it is a family, and in my heart I know I will some day be a WWE Super star again and part of that family. But until then I will continue to learn my craft and become the best that I can be. God has shut a door in my life, but he is opening a window.

So with that being said, special thanks to my Family & Friends for their love and support, OVW & Danny Davis, my former co-workers and still friends, also thank you to anyone that has ever cheered for me I love you all, and last but not least, a special thank you goes out to all the people who screwed, booed, and cheated me throughout my life & career. You have made me stronger and better in what I am doing. You made me appreciate even more the people who demonstrated the true meaning of loyalty and trust. You taught me the value of friendship; that trust has to be earned, not given. You taught me not to trust someone just because they go to church, because all of you did.

I will keep everyone posted as best I can.

Thank you & God bless

Shad J Gaspard

Why do i feel like singing a 2pac song after reading that?
    VR!

EdK wrote:
    . God has shut a door in my life, but he is opening a window.

See? It was God's fault that they decided to give a referee their finisher unplanned.

See? It was God's fault that they decided to give a referee their finisher unplanned.

Which means he's gonna get totally buried now! It isn't bad enough that he hasn't had a televised match since last years Backlash! But at this rate he'll be sent to OVW!

VR!

Why do i feel like singing a 2pac song after reading that?
    VR!

I ain't mad at cha?

• Advertisement
Advertisement