Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography - any chance I could learn it in a year?

Options
  • 02-09-2007 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Long story short, my school matches Classical Studies against Geography, and I got stuck with Classics through a few mistakes on my form and on their part - I was sick quite a lot last year though and it seemed like too much hassle to get it changed so I stuck with Classics.

Problem is, I'm fairly crap at it and I can't see myself doing well in it without sacraficing other grades to study for Classics. I'm just wondering, if I start doing geography now, is there any chance at all I would be able to pick it up in time for my LC (I'm starting 6th year now) or should I just stick with Classics and try to make the best of it? :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭fitzgese

ya, you could easily do it in a year. i know somebody who repated their leaving and took up geography the second year. they just did it in grinds for an hour or two a week and they got the a1 this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Yup, you could do it no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

new course - seems possible
    old course (2005 backwards) - more chance of mother thersea appearing in a kettle whilst wearing a blue hoodie in knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

It's fairly broad, very strict marking scheme, and the project as well. Still, very possible to get a B or better in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'm of the opinion that most LC courses could be learned to an A1 level in 6 months.

Course, you have to know yourself how much you need to study.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

I picked it up for 6th year last year and got an A2. it was the project that brought the grade down slightly.

Advertisement