Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N73 or N95

• 02-09-2007 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Ok my beloved 6680 (had it around 2 years) died on me yesterday so I need a new phone. All my friends are telling to pick up a nice cheap phone but I'd need a smart phone as that what i'm used too.

The two phone i'm looking at are the N73 and the N95.
    I like the style of the N73 as like my old phone plus reading up on it seems a good phone. It would prob be fairly cheap on bill pay too.
    Then theres the N95 which really caught my eye due to me being a gadget freak espec where mobile are concerned. Only problem with it is the price. I spent around 300+ on last phone though it did last me two years I don't know it could justify spending that or more on another phone.

Whats the cheapest ye have seen the N95 around for? (it doesnt matter on provider as been with nearly all of them already!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Ok my beloved 6680 (had it around 2 years) died on me yesterday so I need a new phone. All my friends are telling to pick up a nice cheap phone but I'd need a smart phone as that what i'm used too.

The two phone i'm looking at are the N73 and the N95.
    I like the style of the N73 as like my old phone plus reading up on it seems a good phone. It would prob be fairly cheap on bill pay too.
    Then theres the N95 which really caught my eye due to me being a gadget freak espec where mobile are concerned. Only problem with it is the price. I spent around 300+ on last phone though it did last me two years I don't know it could justify spending that or more on another phone.

Whats the cheapest ye have seen the N95 around for? (it doesnt matter on provider as been with nearly all of them already!)

Don't know about prices but would definitely choose the N95! HSDPA alone is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

check this one...u might be interested
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055142570

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I'll say it again (already in another thead) just picked up the Nokia 6120 on 3 €199 on 3Pay so bill pay would be much cheaper and it is HSDPA.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Walkman wrote:
    I'll say it again (already in another thead) just picked up the Nokia 6120 on 3 €199 on 3Pay so bill pay would be much cheaper and it is HSDPA.:D

Spiffing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

i had a 6680 two months ago and upgraded to the N95, the layout etc is very similar, you should have no problems getting used to it. its far better to the n73. if you get a n73 your prob just gonna upgrade to the n95 later anway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

id go for the n73, unless you need wireless.

Inbuilt gps in the n95 is useless and a 45 quid external job is much better, the camera isnt that much better than the n73 and most importantly nokia cannot make a decent slider to save their life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Cheers for the replys.

I'll prob go with the N73 as my options seems limited to that. N95 doesn't seem to be available right now on any of the networks. Wireless would be handy as i would use the net quite a bit plus connectivity with pc is handier (the N80 would be useful in this respect but also not available!). The 3.5mm jack would also be quite useful.

Main reason for getting the N95 was the fact I would not have to upgrade for at least another year plus but as was said if I got the N73 or any phone below that I would have to upgrade in less time than that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

n95 is out on vodafone for the last while.i got mine nearly 2 months ago in Vodafone in omni park in dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

splinter wrote:
    n95 is out on vodafone for the last while.i got mine nearly 2 months ago in Vodafone in omni park in dublin
    its on o2 aswell

Yeah noticed that now.

It seems it out of stock on vodafone website but now in stock on 02 website. Just after getting me N73 from 02 (ordered on Sunday, delivered to work this morning!) but only after seeing that N95 was back in stock yesterday.

Emailed 02 cus care trying to find if I could change the order or send phone back and get N95 sent out while covering the difference but not suprisingly (and annoyingly) I have't heard anything back from them.

• Advertisement

Also now have an option of a sim-free N80? any opinons of this phone or best to try get N95? or else just stick with N73?

N80 - Can get it for same price as N73 but sim free.
    N95 - Mmmm Fancy Phone!

As ye can see I really stuck with which to choose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

n95 I just got as second phone has sH1te battery life, had to get in car charger for it. camera and wlan search are handy on the +side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

N73 is a great phone, battery life is brillant even when using satnav for day! Camera is good too especially with flash and not an led light thing. Great results with pictures, plus load of software out there to use. Didnt play around with N95 but i be wary about the sliding parts as they seems loose but nice phone all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've an N73 (three ) and an N95. I never use the N73 except as a spare battery. I'm using all the functions of the N95 from HSDPA online browsing, video clip recording , mp3 player and the GPS all the time. The only advantage that the N73 has is battery life but if you were to compare the web browsing on both side by side I'd reckon you'd think the N73 was absolutly crap in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I was faced with the same choice last week - N73 or N95 and decided to go for the former (it's a company phone so money was not an issue). The deciding factors were that gadgetwise many of the things that come with the N95 are not really supported here yet, but mainly the battery life - apparently the N95 has a terrible one.

Yeah I decided originally with the N73 as though would be best for me. Got it there yesterday and just can get used to the keypad espec that annoying little joystick (must be my stubby thumbs!). I have 7 working days to return it free of charge so might just do that and get the N95 instead. Was using one of those this week in a phone shop (while checking out prices) and found the keypad/layout much more easier to use. Also its a lot less chunkier than I imagined.

What features aren't supported here yet? I thought most like GPS and Wifi would work fine here.
    And as for the battery life I know I will probably have to do a daily charge (with heavy usage) though kind of used to that as battery in old phone was dying so had to do it at least every second day. Good article on the battery life of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ceidefields

Quick question slightly off topic - does anyone know if I could get an unlocked N95 from Vodafone or O2? Or maybe Carphone Warehouse or something?

Quick question slightly off topic - does anyone know if I could get an unlocked N95 from Vodafone or O2? Or maybe Carphone Warehouse or something?

Yeah you can get a sim-free one from Carphone Warehouse for around €700. Thats what the sales guy told me when I was asking about prices. Don't think you can get them from O2 or Vodafone shops.

Ok I got the N73 on tuesday though don't think I can get used to it so gonna return it and buy N95 instead. I have 7 days to return it to 02 and I should get a full refund off them. I'm sending it back today but can't find a number on the 02 website to ring them (think I meant to get in contact with cus care, tried emailing them but to no avail!) and let them know.

Can't buy the N95 off 02 till I cancel my contract (which i never really started) with them and need to do it asap as been without a phone for past week and its doing my head in.

Only number I can find on website are numbers which your meant to ring from your mobile which is no use to me. Any ideas of number?

Edit: Think I found problem. Can't ring number from within work as have to dial outside line. Time to "borrow" a mobile off someone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i checked a few days ago and a vodafone n95 was unlocked. go into a shop and ask to try your sim in it before buying it. its 599 on vodafone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

609 euro from expansys.ie currently.

Advertisement