Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat grass

Options
  • 02-09-2007 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody bought that "Cat Grass" that was on sale in Lidl last week? I got some and my cat is munching it away but im afraid it will sicken him. Anyone had any problems with it??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Cats eating grass is completely normal - it helps them to get sick to get rid of hairballs. As long as their are no fertizlers or weed killes, etc, on the grass, the cat's shouldn't get sick. If the grass was specially marketed in Lidl for cats then it should be completely safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Yea the first time he ate some he got sick with a big hairball but I though the fish I had just given him did that as it was really salty. Put down the grass again to him today after a few days without, and he has not gotten sick...... yet..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Popel

The two cats I live with eat Cat Grass all the time and have always done. It´s quite a normal thing to give them in Germany. And yes, it´s good for the vomiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You shouldn't have any bother with it, some cats (rare enough) have difficulty with it and ends up in knots in their stomach.

But is it usual for a cat to vomit??? Should I expect him to vomit after him eating the grass or expect it to help his GIT and not vomit??? I always heard that if a dog or cat ate grass they will vomit and maybe get worms :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

got a tray of the lidl stuff a few months ago.
    The 2 cats ate a bit but were more interested in digging up the soil :rolleyes:

Now 20.46 in evening and no vomit yet. So far so good....... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

cat grass is very helpful to cats digestive system & can help them cough up hair balls - if you have a cat who "binges" on it and is then sick I'd limit their access to the grass - only let them at it for a few minutes at a time

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?aid=373

makes interesting reading :)

thats great really apreciate it!!!! He seems to be fine with it so all is good :D

Advertisement