Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from BT - UTV

Options
  • 02-09-2007 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Hi I currently have 2mb with BT, paying €30 thinking of moving to UTV 3mb for €32 and get the option to get a Static IP address

Does anyone know what the service is like?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Good,
    DNS goes down once in a while,
    rare tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭tech

are you with them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

I'm paying 21euro pm for UTV 2mb. Service is good. Speeds are always above 1.5-1.6mbps any time I check. Occasional DNS issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

I'm with utv in the office - never a problem speed at 1.7 -1.8 upload 250 - 300kbs. I only wish I could have it at home too!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

I have a friend in the middle of the town who has UTV's 3mb package. He says it gets a bit iffy from six to eleven at night, but is perfect every other time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

utv resell cable and wireless who resell bt so shouldn't be all that different

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

I have changed from BT back to Eircom and Bt are still charging me 3 months later no matter what i do phone email & Letters

just to let you know

gee thats nice of them!!! BT's paper work is slow moving alrite :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

UTV here too and no DNS issues for me since i added a few extra dns server entries in the router. Mainly UK UTV dns servers for when the irish ones are having "issues".

are you on the 3mb pack, if so are the speeds good?

My reason is for the static IP address...

• Advertisement
Advertisement