Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

module registration help

Options
  • 02-09-2007 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Ok so I have attempted to register my modules several times over the last few days and each time I am more confused that the last. I have literally no idea what I am doing!! Is there a registration help-desk during orientation week that will do it for me?:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

I thought registration was very straight forward last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

whats going wrong with it for you?

i dont think some courses are of yet able to choose their modules yet, iv chosen mine bar electives cause i'm undecided. I didnt' have any problem, bar not being 100% sure if what i did was right..

Edit..spoke to soon

I chose my electives, and although i chose a time for one, it still says time not chose, and doesnt come up in my calender timetable thing.. and my other elective comp 10100 doesnt have any labs/tuts and has no status, no action..

are electives just not processed at all until the 8th, and then we get times and so on for them??

Oh and my timetable is worse now for 2semester, 4 out of 5 days contain 4hours one after the other! as well as other hours after

DtotheK wrote:
    whats going wrong with it for you?

i dont think some courses are of yet able to choose their modules yet, iv chosen mine bar electives cause i'm undecided. I didnt' have any problem, bar not being 100% sure if what i did was right..

Edit..spoke to soon

I chose my electives, and although i chose a time for one, it still says time not chose, and doesnt come up in my calender timetable thing.. and my other elective comp 10100 doesnt have any labs/tuts and has no status, no action..

are electives just not processed at all until the 8th, and then we get times and so on for them??

Oh and my timetable is worse now for 2semester, 4 out of 5 days contain 4hours one after the other! as well as other hours after
    The comp 10010 lab is given after a week or 2. Tutorials for it are optional, and therefore not timetabled. Theres 3 of them on but you shouldn't need them really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

the red X for timetable didnt show up for it, i just hope i get a place it it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭t_ucd

The number to call is 01 7161555, then press 1 for registration help. They're quite helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

thanks!! i appreciate it! is there anywhere on campus where i can go to?

thanks!! i appreciate it! is there anywhere on campus where i can go to?
    What area are you in?

Science program office is room 128 in the hub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Is there a registration help-desk during orientation week that will do it for me?:o
    They're definitely offering that in the Engineering building, room 321 (top floor), but I don't know if that's for everyone or just Engineering... ? There's always your Programme Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Ok so I have attempted to register my modules several times over the last few days and each time I am more confused that the last. I have literally no idea what I am doing!! Is there a registration help-desk during orientation week that will do it for me?:o

There's assisted registration in LG3 and LG4 in the arts block all week.

Advertisement