Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else absolutely sick?

• 02-09-2007 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Just watching the All-Ireland now, and they're showing all the fans, all the buildup, all the atmosphere, colour and history, and we're not in it :mad:

Yeah, I know I should get over it, but we have such a great team. They should be there today.

Who knows, maybe next year...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought this was a flu bug warning thread! :p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Well fair play to Kilkenny they put Limerick away with ease which just proved everyone right , Limerick ambushed Waterford on the day and it just showed up the back door system unfortunately at Waterfords expense .
    At least the Limerick supporters can get back to their rugby again after that unexpected diversion this summer and maybe next year this farce wont be repeated again with a different system in place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Typhoon

well said mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Being a Kilkenny supporter I would've much prefered to see a deserved Waterford team line out yesterday in what was a rather dull All-Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Waterford can only blame themselves. 17 wides was it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Waterford lost the game for themselves. They did not deserve to be there. There was no injustices, what-if's or if-only's. Waterford were beaten by a more determined and precise team on the day and thats the way it is. Lets get over it. The great teams bring it to the table no matter what the format of the competition and Waterford failed in that the department. Admitedely, the format is awful but Kilkenny have proved a cut above the rest in any case so lets just look forward to next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

forbesii wrote:
    Waterford lost the game for themselves. They did not deserve to be there. There was no injustices, what-if's or if-only's. Waterford were beaten by a more determined and precise team on the day and thats the way it is. Lets get over it. The great teams bring it to the table no matter what the format of the competition and Waterford failed in that the department. Admitedely, the format is awful but Kilkenny have proved a cut above the rest in any case so lets just look forward to next year.

Waterford, a team with two trophies, and who actually qualified for the tournament, were 'beaten' by a team which was ultimately shown up by KK. What happened was the equivalent of a team being knocked out in the FA Cup 3rd round being allowed back in at the semi-final stage. The setup within the GAA is a complete joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

But was it a joke when Waterford got through using the back door system? This is one thing that has annoyed me about people from Waterford over the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'm dieing sick at the moment..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Mossy Monk wrote:
    But was it a joke when Waterford got through using the back door system? This is one thing that has annoyed me about people from Waterford over the last few weeks.

If you're talking about last year with us and Tipp I agree there are similarities but the context of the situation this year was a bit different. This year we had a Munster final repeat and a Leinster final repeat as the two semis. And in a competition where theres only a "big nine", the GAA should've taken the opportunity to mix around with whoever you play as much as possible. We played 5 matches this year yet only two counties. A few years ago winning the Munster title would mean one step away from an AI final. This year we had to win the Munster title TWICE. Don't think thats ever happened before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Freddie59 wrote:
    Waterford, a team with two trophies, and who actually qualified for the tournament, were 'beaten' by a team which was ultimately shown up by KK. What happened was the equivalent of a team being knocked out in the FA Cup 3rd round being allowed back in at the semi-final stage. The setup within the GAA is a complete joke.

I agree 100%. But its over now. Looking back will do nothing. Hopefully it will change next year and the better teams will be rewarded. Though the BEST team this year were rewarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Next years hurling scheduling throws up the same problems we had before we changed to the current set-up tbh. Provencial winners go straight to the Semis as before. Prov. finalists go to the quarter finals against the two winners of qualifing matches played between the non-prov. finalists in Munster and Leinster along with Galway and Antrim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

deise59 wrote:
    Next years hurling scheduling throws up the same problems we had before we changed to the current set-up tbh. Provencial winners go straight to the Semis as before. Prov. finalists go to the quarter finals against the two winners of qualifing matches played between the non-prov. finalists in Munster and Leinster along with Galway and Antrim.

That's jumping the gun there a little. You never know but either Antrim or Galway might be knocked out before then.

But yes i understand your point.

Going back to the orginal post. Waterford lost to a team that played better hurling on the day. We can all say if waterford had a week extra to rest after the cork games the result might have been differint but maybe not.

Why i think there is a back door system in use is cause GAA wants to have more money. More games = more money. The system in place now means there are is at least one or two big games each weekend. Which puts more bums on seats.

Advertisement