Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free 3 - 3 video calls?

• 02-09-2007 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hello everyone, I have a small question to ask. I am on pay monthly with 3 pay - on the talk 400 plan. And on this plan I have unlimited free 3-3 voice calls, but then I read something that said this includes video calls to 3... can someone enlighten me on this so I don't end up spending a fortune thinking I'm spending nothing!!

My friend is in england with an irish 3pay sim,(3 do 3-like-home) so I should be able to call her for free always, and have free video calls!

Hope someone can answer me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

How about calling their customer care dept or a 3 store to find out:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

3 customer card are brutal and probably won't give you the right answer but if you insist he leave a note on your account saying the calls are free you might get away with it either way.

And i think you can check how much you've spent on planet 3. If so, check the amount, make a call and check again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

well the reason why I asked here is purely because the customer care are awful and are well known for being a nightmare.

i wanted to ask to see if anyone knew off the top of there head if that was right or not, obviously no one does, so it's fine!

I'll do what you said, and check in planet three if it is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

The last direct response I got from three on this (months ago) is that HALF of your minutes can be alloted to 3 to 3 video calls.
    I have video-called my wife's 3 phone on numerous occasions over the past 6 months and I have never been charged. I have since heard that all of your "video talk" minutes can actually be used for 3 to 3 video calls.
    Its worth noting that initally when I called and asked if they were included or not, I was told, outright and immediately, that they were not.

However when I pointed out to them that I had not been charged for video calls as evidenced by my previous 3 phone bills, I was put on hold and when the rep came back they apologised and said that, yes, HALF of your minutes can be used for vid calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Smiley012 wrote:
    Hello everyone, I have a small question to ask. I am on pay monthly with 3 pay - on the talk 400 plan. And on this plan I have unlimited free 3-3 voice calls, but then I read something that said this includes video calls to 3... can someone enlighten me on this so I don't end up spending a fortune thinking I'm spending nothing!!

My friend is in england with an irish 3pay sim,(3 do 3-like-home) so I should be able to call her for free always, and have free video calls!

Hope someone can answer me!

As far as I know, you can. They used to say that only half your data and 50% of your calls could be used but as we know that turned out to be nonsense. So fire away. Check the first few calls in 'current spend' and then relax :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

On the 200 plan I'm getting inclusive 3-3 video calls. I make quite a few of them and I've never been charged. On the 400 plan the 3-3 calls should be completely free and not use up minutes in the bundle. I guess that should apply to the video calls also.

Advertisement