Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Recording Devices

• 02-09-2007 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭

As annoying as these threads can be, I'm in need of advice.

I'm looking for an audio recording device, we use ones in college, but after being away for nearing 4 months, I can't remember the brand/spec, other than the fact it takes SD cards rather than minidisc and has a built in stereo mike, aswell as the usual mike jack.

I'll be using it mainly as a dictaphone for work, but will have other uses for it in college.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Could be one of the Marantz range of Audio recorders, very common with Journalists. Takes SD cards. Check Marantz/Denon website.
    They are pricey though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Yeah its probably the marantz one (they now own Denon) They are pricey but perhaps on line they might be ok. Remember they also can be sore on batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Fajitas! wrote:
    As annoying as these threads can be, I'm in need of advice.

I'm looking for an audio recording device, we use ones in college, but after being away for nearing 4 months, I can't remember the brand/spec, other than the fact it takes SD cards rather than minidisc and has a built in stereo mike, aswell as the usual mike jack.

I'll be using it mainly as a dictaphone for work, but will have other uses for it in college.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.edirol.net/products/en/R-09/
    Uses omni mics. Handheld with SD cards, 2Gb will hold an hour of audio at high quality. Plus mike jack is there as well.

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h4/
    omnic mics again.
    Both lovely little products offer high quality sound recording from 48 to 44.1Khz (cd quality). The DAT is almost dead.

Advertisement