Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women with short hair - a no no?

• 02-09-2007 5:22pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

When is it ok (for non medical reasons) for women to have short hair? (i.e. shorter than shoulder length)

ok i know someone will say halle berry is hot, but she looks hotter with long hair!

So why do womens do it???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

After many years researching this subject I have come to the following conclusion :

If the woman is good looking then short hair actually improves her looks.
    If she is a minger then it's only gonna make her look worse.

Margin of error = 1%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

pfft, if you had ever had long hair you would allow it purely on the basis that, if you don't feel like maintaining long hair, short hair is fine too.

+dreads FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

No idear. Was a Polish one on the other end of the floor in work, gorgeous yoke had real long brown hair and trimmed it to just above shoulder. Still looks good, but not AS good. I agree, Id poke Berrys cherrys short or long, but she deffo looks better with it long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Eh i can think of loooads! First one coming to mind Victoria Beckham, then theres Keira Knightly, then Sinead O'Connor and they're all stunning!

Short hair is the new "in thing" these days pretty boy if u didnt know...;)

Saying that, I have long hair but that's the latest anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Some women can look very hot with short hair.

The problem is, they're overshadowed by the butch lesbians and middled-aged slags.

• Advertisement

I've seen many fine lookin wimmins with short hair. No problem with it at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Cheeky_gal wrote:
    Eh i can think of loooads! First one coming to mind Victoria Beckham, then theres Keira Knightly, then Sinead O'Connor and they're all stunning!

yes but my point is they look hotter with longer hair

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

For some women I find short hair actually suits them. There's a girl where I work who has short hair and she's fit as fúck.

Well then its a matter of opinion cuz I think Sinead O'Connor looks better with short hair (or no hair) lol...n Victoria Beckham the same...though Keira Knightly n Rhianna could go back to long hair I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Cheeky_gal wrote:

Keira is too skinny now. Posh has awful hair. Sinead O`Connor looks/looked like a doorman.

Rihanna is about the only famous bird who looks really good with it short, and even at that it would be better long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

I love Jean Seberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

i think it depends on two things

1 the size of there head
    2 pritty or ugly face

if there head isnt huge and mingey its all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Goat Mouth

Hmm, for me i definately prefer women with longer hair, fringe and shoulder length hair is fine for me too.
    its the kind of short spikey or buzz cut hair that i do not like.

I had a friend who had absolutely gorgeous long brown hair then it was cut to a extremely nice fringe length cut. i was surprised how good it looked
    then eventually with it severed to the short and spike look, which i was not fond of at all

however its not a gender thing for me i realised, i just really do not like short spiked hair.

If she's hot, she'll be hot with long or short hair. If she's minging, she'll ming with said hair.

I'd like to see more girls with hair like Uma Thurman had in Pulp Fiction: http://www.channel4.com/film/media/film/4x/P/pulp_fiction_xl_01.jpg

That was a sexy do. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I have short hair and always get compliments on it!!
    It doesnt suit me long!

Not all women look like butch lesbians with short hair!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

seriously, dont mess. they do.

It doesnt suit me long!

We need to see pictures before we'll believe you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

We need to see pictures before we'll believe you.

Agreed, they have to be topless too. :D

Topless pictures to see my hair??????:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Goat Mouth

I'd like to see more girls with hair like Uma Thurman had in Pulp Fiction

you serious? i honestly think that bob hair-do is more unattractive than short hair... something about the symmetry really bugs the piss out of me

• Advertisement

Topless pictures to see my hair??????:D

well it can be full body shot if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

hair length or hair colour makes absolutely no difference to a girl

If a girl is hot; then she is still hot with short hair, medium length hair or long hair. If a girl is hot; then she is still hot with red hair, blonde hair, brown hair, black hair.

If a girl is ugly it doesn't matter what colour or length her hair is; SHE IS STILL UGLY

We could put them up in the bar:D

Goat Mouth wrote:
    you serious? i honestly think that bob hair-do is more unattractive than short hair... something about the symmetry really bugs the piss out of me

Very seriousy, it can make a hot girl even hotter. Case in point, Uma Thurman never looked better:

http://data-allocine.blogomaniac.fr/mdata/9/6/7/Z20060515185710187205769/img/uma.jpg

We could put them up in the bar:D

I could just strip in the club on friday night at that rate :D

I could just strip in the club on friday night at that rate :D
    Cool, I'll be there.:D

Ditto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

rossie1977 wrote:
    If a girl is ugly it doesn't matter what colour or length her hair is; SHE IS STILL UGLY
    Good generalisation, but not 100% true. I knew a girl who used to have shoulder-length hair, but I saw her again a few weeks ago and its gone pretty damn short. With the shoulder-length hair, I would have catigorised her as 'only if i was drunk'. But ffs, you should see her now; I almost fell over with the weight of the boner i got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I love women with short hair. Without a doubt more attractive to me. Fringe is quite good. 2 fav pics of mrs. are her with fringe, short hair, oh yeah baby.

• Advertisement

The more the merrier :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Short hair, or long hair tied up is ok with me, shows more of the face and eyes which can only be a good thing (It's allll about the face and eyes)! Although some girls look better with their hair down, I find most look better with it tied up though!

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2006-07/19/xinsrc_362070319102709359243.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Chanelle from Big Brother would be another example...saw photos of her with long hair and she looks a million times better with it short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

she's a freak tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

she's a freak tho
    Oh totally but a good looking short haired one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Those are some pretty hot photos! I think if a girl is on the slimmer side and has a really good face, short hair looks absolutely amazing. Halle Berry for one looked much better with shorter hair.

Incidentally, I love Uma Thurman, but she looks ming with that short black hair. I think that's only because it's a wig though. (or is it?!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

It doesnt suit me long!

Yeah the short hair thing can suit some girls WAY more than long, i used to be friends with a girl who had really short hair and lookin at photos of her when her hair was long it was just horrible.

I'd never go back to havin short hair meself though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Yeah very short hair kind of smells of 'girl power', 'independant wommmman' etc.

I like my woman slightly nieve and subservient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Short hair on chicks is way hot! Especially if she has a delicate neck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

With a nice neck and good bone structure girls look awesome with short hair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Seems to be a positive reaction to women with short hair.. I disagree! Long hair on women. Always. It should be the law! They always look better. All the girls I know that cut theres short or even always tie it up look far better with it long and down. Oh ladies, please!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

So...Carole in Big Brother is hot with her wavy windswept hair, Sinead O'Connor is not???:eek:

As others have said, it depends on the person. It also very much depends on the woman's age - I have yet to see any woman over 40 outside the fakery of Hollywood who looks better with long hair than short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Short hair on chicks is way hot! Especially if she has a delicate neck.

You sound like a vampire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I recently lost my hair (and am regrowing it) due to medical reasons. While people have complemented me on my short hair I much prefered it when it was longer and intend to grow it back. There is just something about long hair looking feminine that I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

CathyMoran wrote:
    I recently lost my hair (and am regrowing it) due to medical reasons. While people have complemented me on my short hair I much prefered it when it was longer and intend to grow it back. There is just something about long hair looking feminine that I like.

But you did look hot, Darlin.

Wez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yes.

even paris hilton looked remotely hot when she had short hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I like women with short hair. They need to have a pretty face though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Nah.. I never like short hair on women.. I like long hair.. On both men and women :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

wyk wrote:
    But you did look hot, Darlin.

Wez
    Yes, I am hot and very happily married :D

CathyMoran wrote:
    Yes, I am hot and very happily married :D

LOL -> Ouch! Hate that wyk...haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement