Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women with short hair - a no no?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

It all depends on bone structure and the definition of a girl's face. I think short hair is absolutely stunning on some people (Natalie Portman, Audrey Tautou, Ms. Hepburn of course...to name but a few...but all of these women had/have beautiful, almost elfin faces...so I think that's one of the main reasons it suits them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 biu

Cremo wrote:
    yes.

even paris hilton looked remotely hot when she had short hair.
    I agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

I love long hair and love girls who wear it in a pony tail even more. There just something about it, any girl who wears her hair in a pony tail does it for me, not picky at all!

Does this count as a fetish? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

i used to have long hair, (just below shoulder length) its a bitch to maintain and really, really annoying in wind, even a light breeze! so happy i cut it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Always a no from me, long and straight thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Short hair is great for girls with pretty faces :D
    I have no preference but :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

not a fan personally, but it makes petite girls with small pretty faces look incredible

long and straight is my preference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The real question is HOW SHORT?

I'm agreeing with the OP on this.

The amount of women that can make short hair work is small, far smaller than the amount that try.

The amount of women I see (including those I know) that cut their hair short soon after they are married is startling, especially as most of them go for this type of length

SHORT hair

If it were purely a case of trying something different, a different look, experimenting it would be fine, the harsh reality is that the majority of
    the married women who get their short (and it is akin to the photo) have just giving up trying, they don't need to bother with long hair, they have
    a husband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

The-Rigger wrote:
    The real question is HOW SHORT?

I'm agreeing with the OP on this.

The amount of women that can make short hair work is small, far smaller than the amount that try.

The amount of women I see (including those I know) that cut their hair short soon after they are married is startling, especially as most of them go for this type of length

SHORT hair

If it were purely a case of trying something different, a different look, experimenting it would be fine, the harsh reality is that the majority of
    the married women who get their short (and it is akin to the photo) have just giving up trying, they don't need to bother with long hair, they have
    a husband.
    If anything you try harder when you are married from my experience though I have seen a lot of women with hideous short hair. I still can not wait to have my long hair back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Cheeky_gal wrote:
    Eh i can think of loooads! First one coming to mind Victoria Beckham, then theres Keira Knightly, then Sinead O'Connor and they're all stunning!

+1, - Posh :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Seanies32 wrote:
    +1, - Posh :D

Explain urself there Seanie! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Cheeky_gal wrote:
    Eh i can think of loooads! First one coming to mind Victoria Beckham, then theres Keira Knightly, then Sinead O'Connor and they're all stunning!

Short hair is the new "in thing" these days pretty boy if u didnt know...;)

Saying that, I have long hair but that's the latest anyways!

Victoria Beckham: 1/10
    Kiera Knightly: 6/10 (could easily achieve an 8 or 9 if she put on a stone or 2)
    Sinead O'connor: Never even reagrded her as a sexual being until I saw a video of her with long hair (a wig I assume). Yes she is hot, but only with long hair!

Although there are always exceptions, in general, most girls look better in long hair (it can always be tied up!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I saw Sinead O'Connor on the late late many years ago and gaybo talked her into wearing a wig.
    She was absolutely stunning in it.

B-K-DzR wrote:
    I love long hair and love girls who wear it in a pony tail even more. There just something about it, any girl who wears her hair in a pony tail does it for me, not picky at all!

Does this count as a fetish? :p

Pony tails can be good. Something girly and feminine about it, except for fellas with them:D

Is it a fetish? Depends how you use the long hair. :D

Giving it a playful tug now and again can be good, the hair that is!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Cheeky_gal wrote:
    Explain urself there Seanie! ;)

;) Posh does not enter the stunning equation.....ever.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

One of the best women I was ever with was completely bald, nothing wrong with women without long hair.

Seanies32 wrote:
    ;) Posh does not enter the stunning equation.....ever.;)

Oooooooooh...... i thought u were calling me posh there! Ooops! :p
    dotsman wrote:
    Kiera Knightly: 6/10 (could easily achieve an 8 or 9 if she put on a stone or 2)
    Sinead O'connor: Never even reagrded her as a sexual being until I saw a video of her with long hair (a wig I assume). Yes she is hot, but only with long hair!

Although there are always exceptions, in general, most girls look better in long hair (it can always be tied up!)

It's a well recognised fact that Sinead O'Connor has a stunning face. Her eyes especially are wow! I think she's gorgeous...and I can't even picture her with long hair!

Totally agree about Keira Knightly tho....that girls needs some curves!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Had to cut mine to just below the shoulders cause of work, but I like it longer and will probably grow it out to the small of my back now that I am a uni student.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My hair is short - like my avatar - it even sticks up like that at the back :rolleyes: . I grew it for about a year and a half but got bored and cut it again and I haven't looked back. My hair is thick so it was hard to manage and dry etc when it was long. When I got it cut short again everybody complemented me on it. I'm confident in myself with my short hair, I couldn't care less if people think I look like a lesbian etc and I think that comes across to people as well. I don't know if that makes sense but there you go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Keira Knightley is fine, her figure suits her..

Can't believe dotsman rated her 6/10, look at this:
    http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/4049/keiraknightley06ad3.jpg

to me that's probably one of the most attractive images of a lady I've ever seen. Dammnnnn :cool: and her hair looks excellent there, her eyes, make up.. everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

hell yeah, short haired birds are fit, apply within

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭oneeyedsnake

faceman wrote:
    So why do womens do it???

So they can look like little drummer boys and fufill their life long dream of joining the artane boys band.

cormie wrote:
    Keira Knightley is fine, her figure suits her..

Can't believe dotsman rated her 6/10, look at this:
    http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/4049/keiraknightley06ad3.jpg

to me that's probably one of the most attractive images of a lady I've ever seen. Dammnnnn :cool: and her hair looks excellent there, her eyes, make up.. everything.

Shes a stick dude!!!!!!! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tis a fine stick but she ain't no twig english.

by twig i mean that olsen twin.

Cheeky_gal wrote:
    Shes a stick dude!!!!!!! :confused:

Well she doesn't look disastrously unhealthy for her weight so it's probably less likely she starves herself and more likely she just keeps a good diet and excercises, that's a guess by just looking at her now, I'm not going to go and read any celeb mags or anything :rolleyes: :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Sarah from Girls Aloud is hot.....Paris Hilton was way better looking with short hair...that blonde girl that was in the OC and Entourage (can't remember her name and couldn't be arsed to do a search), Katie Holmes....short hair suits a lot of girls better.

Clare Bear wrote:
    Sarah from Girls Aloud is hot.....Paris Hilton was way better looking with short hair...that blonde girl that was in the OC and Entourage (can't remember her name and couldn't be arsed to do a search), Katie Holmes....short hair suits a lot of girls better.

Have you ever had shorter than shoulder hair? I'd say it'd suit you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Cremo wrote:
    tis a fine stick but she ain't no twig english.

by twig i mean that olsen twin.
    Ah i dunno......im not a fan of her figure. it suits her i suppose though. some really dodgy pics of her. was lookin at one in the paper y/day and her head looked HUGE on her body...... but then you cant really trust alot of pics either can ya?

cormie wrote:
    Have you ever had shorter than shoulder hair? I'd say it'd suit you!

Not in years and years no....thinking of going for a bob soon though for a change. Don't know if I'd be brave to go Posh short though. I always kinda think with short hair you have nothing to hide behind, as stupid as that sounds.

Oh Natalie Imbruglia is another recent one...and I know most of ye probably aren't the biggest Jade Goody fans but she looks way better with shorter hair. So it does suit some girls better I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

239386.jpg

Nuff said

Well she's just stunning no matter what her hair is like. But good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

it's a no no for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Clare Bear wrote:
    Oh Natalie Imbruglia is another recent one...and I know most of ye probably aren't the biggest Jade Goody fans but she looks way better with shorter hair. So it does suit some girls better I think.

I cant take anything you said serious because you named the highlighted person as a reference point :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Clare Bear wrote:
    Well she's just stunning no matter what her hair is like. But good point.

Alyssa Milano

Winona Ryder

Yer one who used to be in Home and Away (middle)

faceman wrote:
    When is it ok (for non medical reasons) for women to have short hair? (i.e. shorter than shoulder length)

ok i know someone will say halle berry is hot, but she looks hotter with long hair!

So why do womens do it???
    Having had my hair at many lengths including down past my waist, I have to say short hair definitely suits me the most. Long hair on me just doesn't work. I also got compliments on it when it was short.

Also, I find short hair needs more care since I can't just throw it back in a ponytail. And it needs styling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What's your point?! :p

I think the first 2 look better with longer hair, and the 3rd link doesn't work.

Rob_l wrote:
    I cant take anything you said serious because you named the highlighted person as a reference point :D

Ha ha. Just saying she looks better....not good...just better.....slightly.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm afraid I have to agree with the "most girls look better with long hair" theory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

why should it be ok for someone to have short hair?
    ok it suits some women more than others, but whatever floats your boat
    i have short hair which suits me, its just above shoulderlength and always has an interesting cut but then i can have really long dreads which i think suit me better...but thats my 2c.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Short hair FTW. Always preferred women with short hair, and brunette too if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

natalie portman looked hot with short hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Isn't short hair the lesbians hairstyle of choice???

DarkJager wrote:
    Isn't short hair the lesbians hairstyle of choice???
    Yes.

The reason women have long hair (And men go bald) is because back when humans lived in swamps, the children used the long hair to hold onto.
    Factoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Angelina Jolie in Hackers......

Yes please!

• Advertisement

Terry wrote:
    Yes.

The reason women have long hair (And men go bald) is because back when humans lived in swamps, the children used the long hair to hold onto.
    Factoid.

The man speaks the truth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Meh wimmin has short hair now. I still ride the arse off her but would prefer if she had it longer......meh :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

It completely depends on your bone structure and your body type. If you have a great bone structure and are quite slender, it can look awesome. But I think short hair on overweight women looks awful..:o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

you used to have my head shaved, the sinead o'connor style and i have to say, the men loved it. the girls were all jealous of the attention i got and called me a lesbian..........

it made my eyes look huge - hmmmmmmmm, i have actually being playing around with the idea of doing it again

• Advertisement
Advertisement