Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dye ran on clothes

• 02-09-2007 5:25pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best forum so please move if not.

Anywho, took my white shirt out of the wash earlier and a bit of red has appeared on the collar. Looks like colour ran. However no non white clothes were in wash. Odd.

Anyway, anyone got any tips/advice for gettin it out? Or am i fooked and should throw it out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That happens to me occasionally as well. I get coloured stains on my clothes even though I haven't mixed them with colours. Had to throw out a few articles :( I wish I knew what causes it in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

I'd cheak the filter it might be blocked or under the rubber rim might have some red gunk.Run a hot wash with no washing in.I'd wash it again if that does not work try bleach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

There's stuff available to take colours back out of whites after such accidents. It's Punch Colour Run and is available in Dunnes/Tesco with the other detergents/fabric softeners etc. Last time I got it, it was in a lilac coloured box. It works great on whites......trust me, I've been there. I've also used it on colours, but it can take out the original colour.....but I knew that was a risk.

The instructions for use are on the pack. The best way is to put the clothes in a basin and leave soaking for a few hours. It didn't work great in the washing machine option.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

thanks for the advice all, i appreciate it.

Advertisement