Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the easiest way for me to mod my xbox?

• 02-09-2007 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭

really wanna unlock my original xbox for emulators and such. is there anyone in Ireland that can do the job for me, i wouldnt feel confident trying it myself. what kind of price are we talking about?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think I recall seeing a lot of people advertising this in the buy and sell. It'll probably be easier to buy a modded Xbox though, as those would be easier to come by.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

You can always soft mod it (but you need a copy of mechwarrior and an action replay cartridge) and put on xbmc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Ronan wrote:
    You can always soft mod it (but you need a copy of mechwarrior and an action replay cartridge) and put on xbmc.

You can do it without those now.

Search for Ndure & XboxHDM.

All you need now is a PC beside your Xbox so you can boot up and swap ID cables. Nothing else. I've done a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

For safety , ground your XBOX to your PC chassis or run the risk of frying the HDD. The XBOX has a floating ground.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Look at www.adverts.ie
    There is a chap in Services Offered that is doing this in Dublin/Carlow. Excellent service. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

cool, ill get on it. i kinda want to let someone else mod my current xbox as theres no market for old xboxs anymore. that said, ive only just got a xbox and really enjoying it, dont need next-gen yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

thanks to those who offered, ill be choosing someone before i head up for the all-ireland sunday week. has anyone got the N64 emulator working near 100%, ive never even played on a n64 before, would be cool to play zelda, star fox and such.

Advertisement