Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer again

Options
  • 02-09-2007 5:31pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Rightyho, it's coming up to that time of the month again - first friday in 6 days time, and given that myself and Jack B. Badd are departing the country (oh, and JohnK is still sticking to his story about leaving as well) I figure we should go get ourselves on the outside of a load of beer again.

Friday? 8pm? The Slate? Possibly moving onto the Cruiscin for Purgatory's 1 year bash later on in the evening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Was thinking of suggesting the same thing. I'm working until 8 though, and don't know if I have a 5-a-side game afterwards or not. If I walk in around 8:45, I didn't. If I limp in around 10, I did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I can't drink again until the 28th, and even then I'm lax to after the last night. Between the enormous feed of beer and stuffing myself like a... eh... well, like a fat bastard I guess... all week I put seven pounds back on in a week! (Lost that plus another five the week after, but that means I only actually lost less than half what I should.) Next time I'm just taking a week off! When are ye actually going away? Say the 29th so we can make ye travel with dire hangovers!

EDIT: Christ, I sounded like a girl there. A complete trollop like, but a girl nonetheless.

adam

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Flying on the 25th as it happens, so that's no good. That being said, there doesn't have to...

*struggling here*

be...booze? if we all go out? Did I get that right?

We could, like, just go for grub or something. Not that it'd be as much fun, what with the lack of adam being spanked by AJ and what have you, but anyway...

Can't eat either. How about the flicks and sure I can join ye in the pub for a while afterwards and watch ye get drunk?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

can i suggest run fatboy run. for my love of simon pegg.

• Advertisement

There's no need for namecalling. :)

EDIT: Love the tags Fysh!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dahamsta wrote:

I was wondering if anyone had noticed :D

Also, Run Fat Boy Run sounds good and should be an easy crowdpleaser for the gang we've got. Looks like it'll probably have an 8.45 showing on Friday so I reckon that'd be the most suitable, since it will leave ample drinking time afterwards....

Hang on a sec, T's back after a week and a half away on Friday. I'll need to check what time she's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Cinema, booze, Simon Pegg and chips*, you say? We should leave the country more often! :)

*chips may not necessarily have been mentioned but will be had by me!

The wife* won't be back until all hours so it looks like I'm up for it so.

adam

* Practise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Fysh wrote:
    dahamsta wrote:
    I was wondering if anyone had noticed :D
    Cheeky bastard! :D

Anyway, I'm going to beat you out of the country cause I'm leaving on the 24th :cool:

Might be around Friday but not certain yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

JohnK wrote:
    Anyway, I'm going to beat you out of the country cause I'm leaving on the 24th :cool:

Ah, John...in order to beat us out of the country you'd actually have to be willing to follow up on your threat to leave ;)

The idea of beating ye all out of the country is very appealing. With a big club, I mean.

Bah, screw the lot of ye! :p

dahamsta wrote:
    The idea of beating ye all out of the country is very appealing. With a big club, I mean.

If you use a big crook you might just get labelled a saint. It worked for Paddy with the snakes....

I'll give Bertie a call then!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Seems to be yeah although there's always an open invitation for new people to turn up. Maybe they're just afraid of us?

In fairness between my shirts, adam's hair and Sasha's, well, Sacha-ness you can't exactly blame non-regulars for being somewhat intimidated...

I'll have you know my lovely locks are admired daily by lots of lovely ladies. With jealousy, obviously...

• Advertisement

So is there a firm plan for tonight? Is it still the Slate @ 8 or was it changed to Run Fat Boy, Run @ 9 in the Gate?

I still don't know if we've a 5-a-side game tonight.

Cinema sounds like the way to go, I'd say. I mean, we could go for a pre-film drink at 8 at the slate to rally people, but I'm not sure its a good idea to consume booze before a film.

But... The IT Crowd is on at 930!

dahamsta wrote:
    But... The IT Crowd is on at 930!

But...you're a nerd with a stupidly fast (compared to the average in this country, at any rate) internet connection and access to torrents! Thus, mere analogue (or even digital) broadcasts of such material become a thing of the hallowed past, obliterated by the bulldozing ways of the FUCHAR!

Meaning, shut up you whining goit!

Fysh wrote:
    I'm not sure its a good idea to consume booze before a film.

It's always a good idea to have booze before watching a comedy. It might cause the need for a bathroom break halfway through though..

Ha! I'd be lucky to get 15 minutes in with my petite girly bladder. :)

Sorry boys and girls, count me out this time.

Ah ya big loser ye! Won't be the same without you to poke fun of...

Also, please note : the film starts at 9:00, rather than 8:45. Nowt wrong with turning up early but it would mean hanging around longer waiting for the film to start...

Well, it's like this, I have two options:

1) Go to a movie I can watch anytime with a bunch of gimps and losers, the pub to /watch/ them get pleasantly locked, and a restaurant to /watch/ them get pleasantly fatter.

2) Stay at home with T, who's been away for a week and a half.

Don't get me wrong though. You're NICE gimps and losers.

adam

• Advertisement

Heh, I like the way you exclude yourself from this group of gimps and losers...

Advertisement