Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diet coke really is a woman's drink.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

did the 'free handbag' offer for the last 6 months not tip you off?

I drink it, it tastes nicer. No-one has ever told me I'm drinking a womens drink and I doubt they ever would, except maybe from a distance with the engine running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

absolutely hate the taste of it, i'm sorry but i can't drink it and say "mmhh artifical sweetener".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What does 'diet' mean? Never heard of such a word. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Oh yes, definitely agree. Usually fat women, 'keeping an eye on de diet'.

[maybe "including" or "especially" should replace "usually"]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I don't drink coke any more, but on the odd occassion, it would be diet coke that I drink. The regular stuff leaves this nasty stick feeling on my teeth that I can't stand, whereas it doesn't happen with diet coke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Diabetics like diet coke. The real stuff as Karl notes is nasty sweet stuff.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Love Coke.

Diet Coke is nice when absolutely ice cold... i mean just above freezing point.

Coke Zero is a nice go-between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

Coke Zero or "bloke coke" as its nicknamed is not bad if you drink it chilled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

CLADA wrote:
    Coke Zero or "bloke coke" as its nicknamed is not bad if you drink it chilled.
    How about Diet Pepsi? Oh, sorry, that didn't produce enough sales, so they called it Pepsi Max, and sales went up.

Ruu wrote:
    What does 'diet' mean? Never heard of such a word. :confused:

I'm also confused brother Ruu, I never get funny looks on a Sunday in the chipper when I have the 'diet' coke with my hangover special.

A quarter pounder with cheese for the walk home from the chipper and a snack box with a breast for when I actually get home. Tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Another diabetic, I used to drink gallons of the stuff until I had surgery, now I can not stand the stuff, I prefer 7up light and diet tonic water now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

the_syco wrote:
    How about Diet Pepsi? Oh, sorry, that didn't produce enough sales, so they called it Pepsi Max, and sales went up.

Like Cremo I hate artificial sweeteners but Coke Zero does taste very like "the real thing":)
    so its not just a name change, however I see Coca Cola sales have jumped 35% since its introduction.

Not much consolation for its Drogheda employees:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I like Diet for odd change when I'm too sugared up. Cant beat the odd bottle of the real stuff though

eugh bottles, only thing that tastes good out of a bottle is beer/wine. soft drinks it's a no no, has to be cans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I'm talkin glass bottles....truly the finest way to serve Coke.

Cremo wrote:
    eugh bottles, only thing that tastes good out of a bottle is beer/wine. soft drinks it's a no no, has to be cans.

what about the rat piss?

(on the cans, it's not a new drink brand I am touting)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Diet Coke = for Women
    Coke Zero = for Men

Both are the same drink, marketed differently.

dublindude wrote:
    Diet Coke = for Women
    Coke Zero = for Men

rubbish. they taste nothing like each other.

dublindude wrote:
    Diet Coke = for Women
    Coke Zero = for Men

AFAIK they aren't the same drink

diet coke has artifical sweetener in it, where as coke zero doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

diet coke ftw

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:
    diet coke has artifical sweetener in it, where as coke zero doesn't.

So how do they sweeten Coke Zero? :)

dublindude wrote:
    but then why are they both separate products both of which are still on sale?

Cremo wrote:

Because Diet Coke is for women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

What really annoys me is when you see obese people in mc donald's buying the biggest meal possible and then they choose a diet coke.. What the..

Lynibeth wrote:
    What really annoys me in when you see obese people in mc donald's buying the biggest meal possible and then they choose a diet coke.. What the..

Yeah.

Even more annoying though is when the obese people are buying McDonalds for their obese kids...

dublindude wrote:

what has that got to do with it? so all sugar free drinks taste the same? what kind of logic is that?

they are totally different recipes and taste nothing like each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

copacetic wrote:
    what has that got to do with it? so all sugar free drinks taste the same? what kind of logic is that?

they are totally different recipes and taste nothing like each other.

Either you are trolling or you really have no idea as to whats being asked

Marketing works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mike65 wrote:
    Diabetics like diet coke. The real stuff as Karl notes is nasty sweet stuff.

Mike.
    Mhmmm, Us Diabetics get an exemption from being categorised as "women". Regular Coke tastes like Cr*p anyway:p

• Advertisement

dublindude wrote:
    Marketing works!

my taste buds work, unlike yours apparently. there was a long thread on this over on food and drink a while back.

nikolaitr wrote:
    Either you are trolling or you really have no idea as to whats being asked

who the fuck do you think you are calling a troll? you obviously haven't read the thread.

dublindude stated that diet coke and coke zero are the same drink in different bottles when any idiot knows they aren't. (apart from you and him apparently)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Lynibeth wrote:
    What really annoys me is when you see obese people in mc donald's buying the biggest meal possible and then they choose a diet coke.. What the..

Haha yeah when i was in america seen this really fat family getting supersize meals and gallons of diet coke just doesnt make sense ya need more than a diet coke to sort out that kind of obesity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Mhmmm, Us Diabetics get an exemption from being categorised as "women". Regular Coke tastes like Cr*p anyway:p

True. Saw that at a party. Got myself a diet coke and when asked what I had got I was told it was a women's drink. Then someone said something along the lines of "Mark's a diabetic" and suddenly we were talking about cures instead.

Good times....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

But exemption or not I ain't buying that can with the pink spots on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Diet drinks? Yuk! Workout daily and you can drink what you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep.. to clarify Diet Coke was a completely new drink designed from the ground up. Coke Zero is designed to taste exactly like regular coke, that's sort of explained in the adverts for it... so clearly the marketing doesn't work.

I like the pretty cans though... I've switched from bottles because of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

dublindude wrote:
    Diet Coke = for Women
    Coke Zero = for Men

:rolleyes:

Coke Zero tastes like fooking dunnes cola

diet coke ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

:rolleyes:

Coke Zero tastes like fooking dunnes cola

diet coke ftw

I like Dunnes Cola, and I used to be a hardcore coke drinker (can of coke was my breakfast in school :eek:), don't like the stuff anymore, can feel it on my teeth when I drink it, until I brush them.

horses for courses, I can't stand diet coke, disgusting stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

I prefer Diet coke to regular, but it has to be very cold... Diet Pepsi is even better.. I used to find it hilarious working in the cinema, you'd have these people coming up to the food counter who had obviously eaten a few too many pies in their day, and they'd stand there asking for 2 hot dogs, a large popcorn with extra butter (which was melted down stork margerine) and a big bag of malteesers and a large diet coke! I'd feel like turning around and saying the diet coke's not going to make a difference you fat *******! Funny though..

The-Rigger wrote:
    I like Dunnes Cola
    Are you mental, that stuff is more like tar than cola!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I must be mental so, I think it's nice!

Tesco '7 up' type drink, the one that costs 13c or 20c or something, is what I imagine white spirits would taste of. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Diet coke?
    You people disgust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

First off, sorry to burst you bubble folk but AFAIK there's no such thing as sugar free coke. If they contain caramel, and I've yet to see one that's found another way to give it the brown colour (hence the AFAIK), then they contain roasted sugar. I know someone who used to work in the Coca-Cola factory and this is how they made it. This would also be why any form of coke drink will leave a surface it's spilled on sticky. Basically they're using semantics to say there's no SUCROSE (table sugar), however there is still sugar (as in members of the chemical family sugar), which your body will still accept as such and treat as such (converting it to fat if there is no need for the sugar), diet coke of any form is just removing the use of sugar as a sweetening agent.
    Cremo wrote:
    You mean like Sprite and 7-Up here in Ireland?:p
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_%28soft_drink%29
    In Ireland and Canada, Sprite and 7-up are interchangeable and, when asked, a person may say Sprite or 7-up to mean the same drink.
    (if I remember correctly it's something to do with the same crowd produces both drinks here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Diet Coke is my one vice, I don't smoke or drink tea or coffee and I've cut down a lot on how often I drink. I always have to have a bottle in the house and I have a can at work to pick me up. I find that real coke (or fat coke as I call it) tastes very syrupy and sweet. That's why I prefer diet coke, not because it is diet. Not all women are obsessed with their weight you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

100% Male here

Drink Diet coke All the time

*It dosent cause problems to my tonsils :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Just to add, I like the taste of "real" coke and coke zero which is not bad.
    Diet coke is evil piss though and tastes awful:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Sprite doesn't taste the same as 7up... does it?!

Also, diet coke ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

If I had to choo-choo-choose.... Coke Zero FTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Goddamn it! What about all those sales of Mentos and Diet coke? You're not telling me that it's women that are the cause of that consumption?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Nehpets wrote:
    Sprite doesn't taste the same as 7up... does it?!

Also, diet coke ftw
    i like zero...and i like diet...but i much prefer zero!!! tastes better...als i prefer 7up!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement