Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diet coke really is a woman's drink.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Coke Zero FTW... the best:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Diet coke?

I'm not angry AH, i'm just disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Coke Zero > all. Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Coke Zero is the business, 85% as tasty as coke but none of the calories, I drink 3 bottles a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Cremo wrote:
    absolutely hate the taste of it, i'm sorry but i can't drink it and say "mmhh artifical sweetener".
    Its Gack. Fat coke is WAY nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Niamho! wrote:
    Its Gack. Fat coke is WAY nicer.
    true, i'm surprised actually on an internet forum how many people don't like proper coke.

*EDIT* wh00t 12,000 posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Naikon wrote:
    Just to add, I like the taste of "real" coke and coke zero which is not bad.
    Diet coke is evil piss though and tastes awful:(

exactly my sentiments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

farohar wrote:
    First off, sorry to burst you bubble folk but AFAIK there's no such thing as sugar free coke. If they contain caramel, and I've yet to see one that's found another way to give it the brown colour (hence the AFAIK), then they contain roasted sugar. I know someone who used to work in the Coca-Cola factory and this is how they made it. This would also be why any form of coke drink will leave a surface it's spilled on sticky. Basically they're using semantics to say there's no SUCROSE (table sugar), however there is still sugar (as in members of the chemical family sugar), which your body will still accept as such and treat as such (converting it to fat if there is no need for the sugar), diet coke of any form is just removing the use of sugar as a sweetening agent.
    Coke Zero doesn't leave your hands or a surface sticky if you spill it. Also, it comes in manly black cans and bottles, and tastes pretty damn good. Not as good a real coke but not far off, and it tastes a million times nicer than diet coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

5starpool wrote:
    Coke Zero doesn't leave your hands or a surface sticky if you spill it. Also, it comes in manly black cans and bottles, and tastes pretty damn good. Not as good a real coke but not far off, and it tastes a million times nicer than diet coke.
    Still contains caramel as the colouring though if you wikipedia it, ergo still has sugar in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

In MacDonalds yesterday with my wee boy. Ordered a double Quarter Pounder meal with Diet Coke. Why, because I prefer the taste!

Find Coke very gassy. Pepsi is my favourite and Diet Coke is my substitute if places don't do it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Di....et? :confused: What does that word mean? Never heard of it before.

*looks up dictionary*

Oh..... sweet..... Jesus! :eek:

You Diet Coke drinkers are sick....... SICK, I tells ya! :D

Full fat, full sugar, 110%, diabeties-inducing Coke for me all the time, every time! Accept no substitutes, folks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sigh, if you don't know the difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke, here it is.

Coke and Diet Coke are two different drinks with different tastes.
    Some people want the taste of Coke but not the uber calories. A reasonable request.

So Coke Zero is an attempt to have the same taste as Coke without the excess calories.
    So there shouldn't be a difference in taste between Coke and Coke Zero and if there is, well that wasn't the plan.

Whatever happened to Coke Vanilla, the Coke of the gods!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

micmclo wrote:
    Whatever happened to Coke Vanilla, the Coke of the gods!
    Shudder, I hated Diet Coke adulterated with anything, now I just can not stand Diet Coke, if you take away the fizz it tastes horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

copacetic wrote:
    who the fuck do you think you are calling a troll? you obviously haven't read the thread.

dublindude stated that diet coke and coke zero are the same drink in different bottles when any idiot knows they aren't. (apart from you and him apparently)

I'm gonna bet it all, that you aren't half as threatening in real life. Being behind a computer really makes some men grow a set real quick....

I was referring to the fact that someone said that Diet Coke contains artificial sweeteners while Coke Zero doesn't. They both use different types of artificial sweeteners, and thats what accounts for the difference in taste.

Next time don't be so quick to act tough. If you are starting arguments with people through an internet forum, you're not tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

You're a womans drink, Naikon :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Meh, they're all fairly crap tasting to be honest.

Normal Coke is bearable. Diet Coke is manky, the sweetener is horrible. I tried Coke Zero once and its not as nice as normal coke but bearable.

Anyway Cadet American Soda for the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

diet coke all the way. nicest from a can. i love raspberryade, and peach flavoured fizzy water too

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nikolaitr wrote:
    I'm gonna bet it all, that you aren't half as threatening in real life. Being behind a computer really makes some men grow a set real quick....

I was referring to the fact that someone said that Diet Coke contains artificial sweeteners while Coke Zero doesn't. They both use different types of artificial sweeteners, and thats what accounts for the difference in taste.

Next time don't be so quick to act tough. If you are starting arguments with people through an internet forum, you're not tough.

who is acting tough? not me. I just called you on posting rubbish. I also didn't start an argument, you did by totally misreading the thread and calling me a troll.

now you are saying you were talking about something totally different and basically admitting you didn't read the thread properly while still acting like a fool. great show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement