Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drawing file is not valid in autocad

Options
  • 02-09-2007 7:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi
    I recently tried to recover some lost autocad drawings from my usb stick, and i was able to recover them, but when i try to open them in cad it says "drawing file is not valid". when i check the properties and everything, the drawings appear to be there in size. anyone know how i can recover the drawings to open in cad?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

if anyone would know how to open the drawing, id send it on to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Are you trying to open the files on an earlier version of cad than they were originally made on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

no its the very oposite. Im trying to open cad files made using 2006 on 2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

What's the file extension you're trying to open?

I think I might have 2006 at home. send me a pm after 11pm and I'll have a go at opening and saving them when I get home.

Advertisement