Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about discolouring on my plasma

• 02-09-2007 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi Guy's
    I have a 42'' Samsung plasma, and have noticed that in the bottom left hand corner when a white surface is on the display the colour goes a faint blue.
    I have run the screen burn protection for 2 hours and it's still the same.

any one know whats up????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

this is probably a setup problem with the sets internal settings and has to be returned for repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

this is probably a setup problem with the sets internal settings and has to be returned for repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

I have the exact same problem with my samsung 42" plasma and I am well pi$$ed off, have you sorted yours out D..... or can anyone give s a definite reason/solution for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Whats the model number lads I'll try and find out if any similar issues with the sets.

Snake

Well mine is a Samsung PS42C7HDX

• Advertisement

Do u watch alot of sky news or disney channel? It could be image retention If you put the set onto a black av channel in a dark room can you see any shape in the bottom left? Check it and let me know. Also did a search for your tv swalsh on AVforums, 3rd thread down seems to have similar color issues http://www.avforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=10460984

Snake

its not image retention thats for sure and would you believe I just spotted that before I came here.

Just to follow this, I am going to get in contact with Currys about this and hopefully get them to sort it out. I have it since christmas so what should I expect??? (Curry's to do I mean)

Does anybody have any experience with getting a tv fixed or replaced through Currys and how difficult is sorting it out?

Did u take out the extended warrenty on it? If so they will fob u off to Masterplan. If not you will be told to go sort it out with Samsung, be ready for them and be able to reel off the Sales of Goods act to them, checkout Biz Consumer issue forum for further advice.

Snake

I did take out the warrenty but isn't there a year cover with samsung? This in fairness should be sorted out quick considering the price? What should i be asking for?

• Advertisement

Well if you took out your warrenty they will probably refer you to the Mastercare Plan, read up on the Terms and conditions regarding it, If the problem is bad enough and you can bring the set in to Currys they could probably call Mastercare and get a write off code for you and give you a different Plasma, but you would have to be really lucky and meet a decent currys manager to do this for you.

I would contact Currys first and state that the set they sold is not fit for Usage and see what they say.
    If no joy there ring Mastercare number, they will probably send a Engineer out to look at the issue and work of his recommendations, he might say it can't be fixed or he might take it away to try and fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 D.....

Well
    I rang the mastercare number and went through all the Sh** with them and was told that they had no servise personal in the D15 area, Went to Curry's and told them the hole story and they said that Samsung would have to collect it from them in 28 days, if it goes over 28days I get a new Tv.
    So I dropped the Tv over and the muppets ended up scraching my screen when they were bringing it into the store.

Sorry D.... I got my issue sorted and it seems like it was the same problem. It was a softeare upgrade that was needed got it done over a week or two ago and no problems yet. An engineer came out, plugged in his laptop and fifteen minutes later all was well.

Advertisement